MarketWatch.com Speculates

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
They think <a href="http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?print=1&guid={A86544A2-F0AA-4D5C-9C32-58A39E09FF4F}&siteid=yhoo" target="_blank">it might be an updated 20th Anniversary Mac</a>.

Edit: Changed to shorter URL

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: glurx ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>They think <a href="http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?print=1&guid={A86544A2-F0AA-4D5C-9C32-58A39E09FF4F}&siteid=yhoo" target="_blank">it might be an updated 20th Anniversary Mac</a>.

Edit: Changed to shorter URL

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: glurx ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I REALLY hope it looks like the TAM. It is the most beautiful machine ever built and I would love to own an updated one
  • Reply 2 of 20
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Aren't people that have anything to do with the market NOT ALLOWED to speculate?

-Paul

Edit: typo. sorry JRC

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 20
    gfeiergfeier Posts: 127member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>Aren't people what have anything to do with the market NOT ALLOWED to speculate?</strong><hr></blockquote>

They are free to speculate all they want - as long as they know nothing. It's only if they have inside information that they can get into trouble. That should tell you what their speculations are worth.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: gfeier ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 20
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Well they better not price it like the TAM. Even if this is true Apple will still need an new LCD iMac between $1,000 and the top end price. The 15" CRT is fine for education but they can't keep selling those to consumers.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>

I REALLY hope it looks like the TAM. It is the most beautiful machine ever built and I would love to own an updated one</strong><hr></blockquote>

I thought it was kinda ugly. It was also insanely over-priced.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    I cannot believe the spymac stuff is making its rounds in the non-rumor websites (i.e. ZDnet, financial websites, etc).
  • Reply 7 of 20
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    A lot of people would probably look at any flat-panel display and decide it has a passing resemblance to the TAM.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    That report was very pessimistic. I hate MARKET speculation, they are always wrong about upcoming announcements.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>That report was very pessimistic. I hate MARKET speculation, they are always wrong about upcoming announcements.</strong><hr></blockquote>

A pessimistic report by people who are always wrong is a positive sign.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>A lot of people would probably look at any flat-panel display and decide it has a passing resemblance to the TAM.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree. What do these guys know? An all-in-one with a flat panel is the main detail they comprehended.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>Aren't people what have anything to do with the market NOT ALLOWED to speculate?

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

Could you rephrase that in the form of an English sentence?
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Apple turned 25 a few days ago.

Maybe they'll call it the Silver Anniversary iMac, decked out in a shiny metal enclosure.

I think the new iMac will be very TAM like, with a larger screen, and smaller speakers. Perhaps the optical drive will be a downward loading slot drive.....

SdC
  • Reply 13 of 20
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

<strong>Apple turned 25 a few days ago.

SdC</strong><hr></blockquote>

The third day of January to be exact. The real birthday party doesn't begin until Monday.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Nostradamus ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 20
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nostradamus:

<strong>

The third day of January to be exact. The real birthday party doesn't begin until Monday.

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Nostradamus ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Apple was founded April 1st 1976.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>

Could you rephrase that in the form of an English sentence?</strong><hr></blockquote>

it was a simple typo replace w in what with a t and it will make perfect (err maybe just better) sense....

-Paul
  • Reply 16 of 20
    [quote]Originally posted by JLL:

<strong>

Apple was founded April 1st 1976.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think they are reffering to date of incorperation which seems to be Jan 3rd 1977? I don't know, it was (is?) on AtAT, thats where I am getting this from...

-Paul
  • Reply 17 of 20
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by JLL:

<strong>

Apple was founded April 1st 1976.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah but it was incorporated on 3rd January 1977.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    From Apple's SEC 10-K405 filing:

[quote]Apple Computer,Â*Inc. ("Apple" or the "Company") was incorporated under the laws of the state of California on JanuaryÂ*3, 1977. The Company designs, manufactures and markets personal computers and related personal computing and communicating solutions for sale primarily to education, creative, consumer, and business customers. Substantially all of the Company's net sales over the last five years have been derived from the sale of its Apple® Macintosh® line of personal computers and related software and peripherals.<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 19 of 20
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    OK OK OK!!

I got it
  • Reply 20 of 20
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>

I thought it was kinda ugly. It was also insanely over-priced.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, it was WAY overpriced. I thought it was pretty cool looking.