5g iPod, 1gig shuffle, iTunes + all latest, no mount

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok, I've been fighting iTunes on multiple computers for some time (over a year). All Apple computers, mac minis, iMacs, you name it. I usually have to reboot to get my iPod 5g to mount. Well, today my Shuffle quit mounting without a reboot of OS X.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    If it's happening on multiple computers wouldn't you think that maybe it isn't software related? Either you've installed something that conflicts, probably most likely, the cable itself is screwed or somewhere along the line you have some hardware fault. Either that or you've broken many USB ports or many OS X installs. Either way doesn't sound normal. I've gone through 6 iPods here though and never had an issue with mounting.

Have you tried actually speaking to Apple or searching their databases or do you just prefer to complain?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

If it's happening on multiple computers wouldn't you think that maybe it isn't software related? Either you've installed something that conflicts, probably most likely, the cable itself is screwed or somewhere along the line you have some hardware fault. Either that or you've broken many USB ports or many OS X installs. Either way doesn't sound normal. I've gone through 6 iPods here though and never had an issue with mounting.

Have you tried actually speaking to Apple or searching their databases or do you just prefer to complain?

Its all about complaining...

And I finally figured it out after the last reboot... on this computer its because Parallels has been on...the Linux and / or Win XP instance has been mounting the items...instead of OS X.

Thus the 'works on reboot' - Parallels wasn't "on" on the reboot.

oh goodness.

Well, maybe this will help someone else...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Could be a fault with with the software apparently.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/digital-m...956403130.html