Has Apple ever heard of ON or OFF?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

delete please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ry-garry-gar Posts: 23member
    Apple really "gets it" in most cases, but sometimes their obsession with clean, sparse design principles goes to the ridiculous extreme. This is one such example, I'm afraid.

Another is, perhaps, the deliberate exclusion of an FM radio function from the iPod. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Apple's not perfect, but 9 times out of 10 their solution is closer to ideal than anyone elses.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    iPods do have an on/off switch. You just hold the Play/Pause button for a couple seconds. Although this is more of a standby than an actual off.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    david_ocdavid_oc Posts: 90member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ry-gar

Apple really "gets it" in most cases, but sometimes their obsession with clean, sparse design principles goes to the ridiculous extreme. This is one such example, I'm afraid.

Another is, perhaps, the deliberate exclusion of an FM radio function from the iPod. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Apple's not perfect, but 9 times out of 10 their solution is closer to ideal than anyone elses.

Not everyone needs a radio, particularly if you have all your music with you (or at least your 1000(minimum) favourite songs).

They offer the radio remote for those who do want FM.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I bought the radio remote for my 5G a couple of months ago, more for the remote than the radio. I tried the radio out the first time and programmed a bunch of station presets...and I haven't used it since.

Your mileage may vary.