No news is good news regarding 17" MBP?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The 17" MBP has been out for a short time now yet I have seen very few negative comments about it. Does that mean it is relatively trouble free? I'm waiting about another 10 days before I order one and am curious about this.

Also, can anyone who got one tell us how long it took from order to shipping to receiving?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    furious_furious_ Posts: 88member
    Any product be that a hammer or a computer will always have its share of manufacturing faults you just have to hope you are lucky
  • Reply 2 of 3
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    I understand that. I've purchased a dozen or so Apples in the last 15 years or so and have mostly have good luck. What I'm interested in is hearing if there are any systematic problems affecting many purchasers. An example of this would be the white spot problem that afflicted the 15" Al PBs when they first came out almost three years ago.

The lack of responses seems to be that there are not a lot of problems. (hooray!)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    squiremsquirem Posts: 29member
    I'm in the same boat. I've decided on the 17" MBP but want to be sure nothing is lerking just around the corner. I figured I'd wait a few more weeks.