cd jam?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
okay, so my sister had never used a trayless cd drive. she put in a cd upside down... i cant get it out now. I am using a 1.8ghz Imac G5, can anyone help me out? (btw: i have tried the eject button on the keyboard numerious times)

thanks

zak

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    shut the computer down, start it up and immediately hold the mouse button down until it ejects. That should do it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    zfmtzfmt Posts: 53member
    worked beautifully, thanks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    hhrmph...

rather than have a button for Open/Close we have "reboot and hold mouse button" -- very user intuitive (sarcasm)

rather than have a button for On/Off we have "hold down play button until said item turns off, but isn't really off at all." (iPod).

why o why o why does it have to be so hard? Why not Open/Close like the rest of the world or On/Off....sigh. So simple, but so silly.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    zfmtzfmt Posts: 53member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

hhrmph...

rather than have a button for Open/Close we have "reboot and hold mouse button" -- very user intuitive (sarcasm)

rather than have a button for On/Off we have "hold down play button until said item turns off, but isn't really off at all." (iPod).

why o why o why does it have to be so hard? Why not Open/Close like the rest of the world or On/Off....sigh. So simple, but so silly.

hahahaha, ya man, i know what you mean eh. but im just glad im on a mac, now i can dl as much pron as i want without having to worry about viruses (at least none on the computer). i say if we need to sacrafice small things to get the great computing experiance a mac provides, its worth it.