kotor? **** me, it wont even start...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
guys i need help. I was so excited to play this game after paying 59.99 for it. got it home, installed it, went to play it and ... it says to put it the original game disk... so i do that. the screen turnes black, the cursor changes, then it goes blue and quits. so i read the manual thingy. i click ctrl when it is starting and then the little res window pops up, i tried all the different options and nothning is working, so i dl the patch, and nothing. what is up can anyone help me.

btw: im using a G5 Imac

thanks

zak

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    zfmtzfmt Posts: 53member
    oh ya, by "kotor" i mean, of course, knights of the old republic
  • Reply 2 of 4
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    There are reports on various web sites that the 'overburned' discs for kotor are notorious for not booting. Lucasarts apparently replaces quite a few after their tech support fails to fix the problem.

Do some googling and see. You may have to ask for fresh copies.

YMMV
  • Reply 3 of 4
    zfmtzfmt Posts: 53member
    ive been hearing some things on various forums about something called a crack, or no dvd. what are these do you reccomend using them? where can I find some?

thanks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    No dvd cracks let you run the game without the DVD in the drive. I find them very handy as it's sometimes less noisy. It does mean doing a full install though so it will take up a lot of space. You get these cracks off P2P networks e.g limewire.

I don't know if it will help here but it's probably worth a shot. I'd personnally return it. No way I'd pay that much for a game let alone a broken one.