Question's to owner's of refurbished Macs

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone had any issues with purchasing a refurb Mac?

I just purchased a MBP refurb because it was $400 less than they sell for new. I was originally going to get a MacBook, but since it was so much closer in price I went for the MBP.

I assume that you can buy AppleCare on a refurb anytime within the first year, can anyone confirm this?

Also, it is the 1.83Ghz version, do you think I will notice much of a difference in speed compared to the 2Ghz unit? Anyone actually compare or have a link of benchmarks?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

Has anyone had any issues with purchasing a refurb Mac?

I just purchased a MBP refurb because it was $400 less than they sell for new. I was originally going to get a MacBook, but since it was so much closer in price I went for the MBP.

I assume that you can buy AppleCare on a refurb anytime within the first year, can anyone confirm this?

Also, it is the 1.83Ghz version, do you think I will notice much of a difference in speed compared to the 2Ghz unit? Anyone actually compare or have a link of benchmarks?

Thanks a lot.

I've had great luck with Refubs from the Apple store, it's usually the first place I look when buying hardware. and yes, you can buy Apple care.