Tiger update to pack iSync improvements

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
A soon-to-be-released update to Apple Computer's Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger operating system will include a significant update to the company's synchronization app, tipsters tell AppleInsider.

Over the weekend, the Cupertino, Calif.-based Mac maker continued its rapid seeding of Mac OS X 10.4.7, releasing build 8J2126 for Intel-based Macs.

In this latest build, Apple is reported to have tweaked metadata handling and sound playback. Fixes were also employed for screen and window display issues.

According to tipsters, Mac OS X 10.4.7 also packs a new version of iSync, which includes support for several mobile handsets not supported in the current release (iSync 2.2). One of these phones is said to be Motorola's RAZR v3x.

Previous reports have indicated that Mac OS X 10.4.7 will also deliver improvements to Apple's iChat, Mail, Calculator and Safari Web browser applications.

It will be the seventh maintenance and security update release for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger since the operating system made its debut in April 2005.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    Now if only Samsung phones would be supported...
  • Reply 2 of 50
    Nothing new about Q2DX?
  • Reply 3 of 50
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Ah, the ever changing Calculator app. Every release a fix to Calculator.
  • Reply 4 of 50
    I hope this fixes the syncing Issues I've had with my MOTO RAZR and iCal...

yeah?

flick.
  • Reply 5 of 50
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    wtf can they possibly fix with the calculator? seriously? how come they never fix the things i seem to need.

how about fixing the poor airport connection with MBP's or the whining issue.
  • Reply 6 of 50
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Elixir

wtf can they possibly fix with the calculator? seriously? how come they never fix the things i seem to need.

They've made it possible to divide by zero. Isn't Apple amazing!
  • Reply 7 of 50
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Elixir

I don't think they can do a software update for humans yet to get them to stop complaining.

Seriously, my impression of the MBP whining is that it is a mechanical issue, not software. If I had that problem, I'd be taking it back until the fan or the system was replaced.
  • Reply 8 of 50
    timothytimothy Posts: 10member
    Hopefully they fix syncing with older Sony Ericsson phones like the K700.
  • Reply 9 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by Timothy

Hopefully they fix syncing with older Sony Ericsson phones like the K700.

I used to be able to send texts with my Mac from Sony Ericsson T610i through Address Book.app but for some reason my K700i & my latest phone K600i will not function the same???
  • Reply 10 of 50
    porchlandporchland Posts: 478member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeaPeaJay

They've made it possible to divide by zero. Isn't Apple amazing!

Reminds me of my favorite "Chuck Norris can..."

Chuck Norris can divide by zero.
  • Reply 11 of 50
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Hopefully, 10.5 will overhaul syncing completely, so that you can sync all your mail messages between a desktop and laptop, rather than just the account information.
  • Reply 12 of 50
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

Hopefully, 10.5 will overhaul syncing completely, so that you can sync all your mail messages between a desktop and laptop, rather than just the account information.

Been able to do that for a long time. Just use IMAP.
  • Reply 13 of 50
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

Yep, that's become one of my favorite changes.
  • Reply 14 of 50
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

I've often wondered about that.
  • Reply 15 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

I don't think they can do a software update for humans yet to get them to stop complaining.

So, who else are the updates for? You sound as though you are not one of *us*.

Are you another Timelord?
  • Reply 16 of 50
    Is there any developper here who has a build of 10.4.7 with this new iSync?

If so, can you please tell us if there is support for one or several Samsung mobile phones?

The newest sliders such as the SGH-D520, E900, Z550 and D870 use an open variant of SyncML, and not their proprietary protocol anymore. I don't know about he new LG KG-800 "Chocolate" though.

I am a bit pessimistic becauses these new phones are available in Asia and Europe but not yet in the USA.
  • Reply 17 of 50
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cosmos 1999

Is there any developper here who has a build of 10.4.7 with this new iSync?

If so, can you please tell us if there is support for one or several Samsung mobile phones?

Where would one look to see if these phones are supported, without having the phones?
  • Reply 18 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

Where would one look to see if these phones are supported, without having the phones?

Doesn't Apple supply that info? It could be available on the developers pages, but maybe not for public use.

Besides, very often devices work that Apple hasn't announced support for.
  • Reply 19 of 50
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Doesn't Apple supply that info? It could be available on the developers pages, but maybe not for public use.

Besides, very often devices work that Apple hasn't announced support for.

No, there aren't any pages or discussion forums for paid ADC. Always a sore spot. If you call or email them, you get fantastic service though.

I can check in 10.4.7 for the phones if they are listed somewhere. FWIW, iSync is Version 2.3 (Build 500.86). Is that different from the 10.4.6 install?
  • Reply 20 of 50
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I'm hoping for 10.4.7 to have the same trackpad right-click shortcut that 17" MBP and 13" MB users get to use for 15" MBPs. The lack of it for the 15" MBP is annoying and makes no sense.