Apple Mail Declining Legitimate Emails?!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Mail seems to be like a choosy bouncer in letting emails in - in that it filters some of them out and I never receive them at all - yet when I log into the Webmail GUI of my Mail Server, alot of emails that Apple Mail never seem to have accepted appear - my secretary has tried to send me a repeat of 3 items in the last 3 days (once each day) and I told her to CC it to my other Gmail account and magically it appears there not here!

What is going on Apple Mail?!

In addition, my install is a brand new fresh out of the box MacBook one so there are no overly crazy rules of any sort infringing on me, as a matter of fact, there is only the one original rule Apple supplied Mail with!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kmhtkmhtkmht

Mail seems to be like a choosy bouncer in letting emails in - in that it filters some of them out and I never receive them at all - yet when I log into the Webmail GUI of my Mail Server, alot of emails that Apple Mail never seem to have accepted appear - my secretary has tried to send me a repeat of 3 items in the last 3 days (once each day) and I told her to CC it to my other Gmail account and magically it appears there not here!

What is going on Apple Mail?!

Place Mail in training mode for a two or threee weeks. When the spam filter achieves the accuracy you want, take it out of training mode.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I'd be fortunate if it was that easy - Mail simply is bouncing emails in that not accepting them whereas they are accepted on the Server.

i.e. My Sister sent me an Email 2 weeks ago and Apple Mail didn't register it, I searched in Apple Mail and it was never there but loading up my HTTP Email Client, it was right there!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kmhtkmhtkmht

I'd be fortunate if it was that easy - Mail simply is bouncing emails in that not accepting them whereas they are accepted on the Server.

i.e. My Sister sent me an Email 2 weeks ago and Apple Mail didn't register it, I searched in Apple Mail and it was never there but loading up my HTTP Email Client, it was right there!

Mail doesn't bounce *anything* by default...if you haven't touched any settings, all mail will come through as mail or junk. If it doesn't, there's something wrong with your server.