Macbook Right-Click on a MBP

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey, I have a Macbook Pro and I was wondering if there is a way to get that feature the macbooks have for right clicking. The one where you put two fingers on the track pad then push the button and you get a right click. I know its only on the macbook but is there some little download or something someone figured out how to put it on a MBP

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Enjoy...

http://dl.qj.net/Secondary-Trackpad-...8058/catid/332

The new driver will be included with 10.4.7 in "a few days"... but until then... this is the actual driver that will be included.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    blascockblascock Posts: 153member
    thank you so very muc
  • Reply 3 of 16
    this is confusing, i was SURE my brotheres MBP had this ...??
  • Reply 4 of 16
    The 17" MacBook Pros have the newer driver. It's possible that newer 15" Pros may have it... but I haven't heard. 10.4.7 will update anyone left behind.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    mr.klawzmr.klawz Posts: 30member
    A little lost, but why not just do the ctrl+click? That right clicks it on my Macbook, and my friends MBP as well.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.Klawz

A little lost, but why not just do the ctrl+click?

Because us Mac owners want what we can't have.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    It's just a little easier to do with one hand. No biggie... but since it's there... nothing wrong with using it.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    danosaurdanosaur Posts: 258member
    This has long been available for Powerbook users:

http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~razzfazz/

I use it on my 12" PB G4 and I can't live without it. Two finger scrolling and two finger right click.

I could control click, and I still occasionally do, but the two finger right click is so intuitive and useful.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Joey

Enjoy...

http://dl.qj.net/Secondary-Trackpad-...8058/catid/332

The new driver will be included with 10.4.7 in "a few days"... but until then... this is the actual driver that will be included.

Installing this totally screwed up my system prefs, causing my machine not to boot.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    mr.klawzmr.klawz Posts: 30member
    Why not just download the new 10.4.7, if it is included with it. That is from Apple so it shouldn't mess up a thing.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Why not just download the new 10.4.7, if it is included with it. That is from Apple so it shouldn't mess up a thing.

I have downloaded the 10.4.7 update now, and my MBP is now fully recovered after a relaxing weekend at a spa.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

A little lost, but why not just do the ctrl+click? That right clicks it on my Macbook, and my friends MBP as well.

Because it is a lot easier to move your middle finger to the right an inch, then it is to move you entire left arm/hand to the computer.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Does anyone know if this driver was included with powerpc update? My girlfriend has a 12" PB (latest model) and it doesn't have that option after the update 10.4.7.

Any drivers out there that will do this? I noticed the 2003//2004 driver posted, but will that work with hers since it already supports two finger scrolling? Just not clicking .
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

It is quite a nice little feature to have, although it takes a while to 1: remember that you now have the feature, and 2: master the action of tapping with both fingers simultaniously.

It's amazing when you think about how much effort has gone into writing all of the comments on this page, just for a feature that means you don't have to move your quote "whole left arm", about 4 inches max!!!!!

Plus if you don't get the action of tapping with both fingers at the same time right the first time, then you find yourself having to do it repeatedly, resulting in far more effort being put in than the alternative option of control-click!!!!!!

we are all so sad!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 15 of 16
    i have 10.4.7 and i don't seem to be able to do it? two finger tap then click right?
  • Reply 16 of 16
    You'll need to go into your trackpad preferences and enable the two finger click option. By default, you place two fingers on the trackpad... and while they're on the trackpad, click the trackpad button... this will behave as a "right click". If you enable "tap to click", you can just tap two fingers on the trackpad and it will result in a "right click" (without clicking the the button).

It's amazing how quickly you get used to the two finger tap... and the other two finger functionality (scrolling). I constantly find that when I'm on a PC notebook, I'm trying to scroll with two fingers... or do the two finger right click.