servicing mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I need some feedback. I live in SW Ontario, Canada. In the years I have been in business of servicing printers and some computers, there seems to be a severe lack of good quality fast service. I live in a population of 400K people and there is only one, maybe two service places. It appears to me there is a lack of service depots for macs. Every one has to send their computers to Toronto,Ontario, Canada, and then WAIT! Comments? And what could be a solution.

Most printers can be serviced since printers now, and USB. But servicing the actual mac computers, most tech are over worked & swamped. and thusly the slowness. printerman

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by printerman

I need some feedback. I live in SW Ontario, Canada. In the years I have been in business of servicing printers and some computers, there seems to be a severe lack of good quality fast service. I live in a population of 400K people and there is only one, maybe two service places. It appears to me there is a lack of service depots for macs. Every one has to send their computers to Toronto,Ontario, Canada, and then WAIT! Comments? And what could be a solution.

Lets say that 5% are Mac users...of the 20000 users, maybe 75% can either do it themselves or have Applecare, that takes you down to 5000, lets say that half of these make a call once every 2 years (the others just get a new computer because it may well be time), that is 1250 service calls/year so that would be 416 service calls/year if my math works out right (that is assuming you and the other 2 service centers get the exact same volume, it just makes this equasion easier), I say it may be a supplement, but I wouldnt count on it for bread and butter; the minute an Apple store opens in your neighborhood, you loose 75% of whatever Mac business you build to the Genius Bar.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Lets say that 5% are Mac users...of the 20000 users, maybe 75% can either do it themselves or have Applecare, that takes you down to 5000, lets say that half of these make a call once every 2 years (the others just get a new computer because it may well be time), that is 1250 service calls/year so that would be 416 service calls/year if my math works out right (that is assuming you and the other 2 service centers get the exact same volume, it just makes this equasion easier), I say it may be a supplement, but I wouldnt count on it for bread and butter; the minute an Apple store opens in your neighborhood, you loose 75% of whatever Mac business you build to the Genius Bar.

that makes sense..thanks for clarification and the math.