"Jump to file"-plugin for iTunes?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey..

Before i switched to Mac not more than 2 weeks ago, I used Winamp - I love the "jump to file"-plugin. Is it possible to install such a plugin on iTunes and does it exist?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    hanenthanent Posts: 19member
    Umm..nothing I'm aware of.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mark J.

Before i switched to Mac not more than 2 weeks ago, I used Winamp - I love the "jump to file"-plugin. Is it possible to install such a plugin on iTunes and does it exist?

What does this "jump to file" plug-in do?

If my wild guess at what this plug-in you're talking about might do is right, and you're talking about finding where the file for a song is and showing it in the Finder, that feature is built right into iTunes. Just right-click (or control-click) on a song, and choose "Show Song File" from the pop-up menu.

If you mean something else, I haven't got a clue. \
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mark j.mark j. Posts: 11member
    In Winamp you can press the "J"-key - and then a little window will pop up, where you can type the name of a song and jump to it - which in my opinion is much easier than using the "search" options in the upper right corner in iTunes.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    vf208vf208 Posts: 49member
    Quote:

In Winamp you can press the "J"-key - and then a little window will pop up, where you can type the name of a song and jump to it - which in my opinion is much easier than using the "search" options in the upper right corner in iTunes.

erm - which part of typing in the top right hand box are you having trouble with? I don't see how one is easier than the other.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I guess I'm lazy
  • Reply 6 of 8
    vf208vf208 Posts: 49member
    Quote:

I guess I'm lazy

I know what you mean i guess - you get used to doing things a certain way and they become second nature.

Tell me (as I don't use Win amp) is this function only available as a plug in?

also - I think the nice thing about the search function is that updates as you go - so the more you type the narrower your search becomes (although you do need to have your main library selected and not one of your playlists for this to search your entire collection)
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I don't know if it's only available as a plugin..
  • Reply 8 of 8
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    He's talking about a feature that lets you live-search within the playlist, then pick a song to be played less.

Basically, a slightly faster way of:

1) go to the library

2) type part of a song title (or artist or whatever) in

3) add it to party shuffle.

I think your best bet is Quicksilver.