Unstable Safari

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Safari is known to eat up memory after a few days of use, but it has generally been stable for me. Ever since Mac OS 10.4.5, I have experienced terrible stability with it. It locks up and dies at least once a day, usually two or three times. I have it installed in a 12" PowerBook G4 and a G5 iMac and it does the same thing on both. I have Flip4Mac installed in both, but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    I have noticed similar problems and have a temporary fix that works for me at least. I empty the cache every day or sometimes every couple of hours depending on how much I have been using it.

When closing safari I also empty the cache then and clear the history which has helped keep safari running smoothly for me.

• Reply 2 of 2
    jmt9jmt9 Posts: 5member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rob05au

I have noticed similar problems and have a temporary fix that works for me at least. I empty the cache every day or sometimes every couple of hours depending on how much I have been using it.

When closing safari I also empty the cache then and clear the history which has helped keep safari running smoothly for me.

Thanks, I will try that and see if it helps