Macbook Keyboard

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So whats the deal with the macbook keyboard? I dont quite get the advantage of it over a regular laptop keyboard. or is it just Steve Jobs new gimmick to sell computers?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    It's supposed to be more erganomic (sp?). I like it, it has much more resistance than the old iBook keyboard.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I have read many reports on it, and they all consistently state that:

1) it looks kinda odd, but not bad

2) it has an extremely good feel for a laptop keyboard, much better than the previous iBook solution

3) it may even be better than the PowerBook / MacBook Pro aluminum keyboard, safe the illumination

4) the spacing is somewhat annoying.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Personally, I love it. People complain about the spacing a bit, but honestly, the tactile surface area of the keyboard is essentially identical to any standard board. It feels nice.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by gloss

Personally, I love it. People complain about the spacing a bit, but honestly, the tactile surface area of the keyboard is essentially identical to any standard board. It feels nice.

I agree.

I think this new keyboard is a lot better than previous ones. It's easier for me to keep clean, too.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Ditto. Great keyboard and the flat keys wipe off easily.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I love the look of the MacBook Keyboard, plus the space of the surface you hit is the same as others, since on most keyboards the edges slope down kinda like this /""""\\ but the macBook is a straight vertical edged button [""""] like so. the gap IMO is the same width as the slopes on other keyboards so really they make no difference.

Anyways i think the MacBook keyboard looks great and kinda retro.