MS Excel 2004 to pdf file

rtbrtb
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I created a document in excel with numerous colored shaded areas. I unchecked the show gridline button and worked fine in excel. However, when I save the doc as a pdf file I can see the gridlines across my colored shaded areas. Did I miss something or is this unavoidable. Many thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    I printed an Excel 2004 worksheet to PDF file after unchecking show gridlines in the Formatting Palette and the PDF looked fine on the screen - I did not actually print it. This was just a plain worksheet with no fancy formatting though.

Try a test worksheet with no formatting and see if it is the sheet or something in the PDF driver.

BTW: Did you make sure the "Print" checkbox for Gridlines was also unchecked? You can have them printed but not viewed.

Quote:

Originally posted by RTB

I created a document in excel with numerous colored shaded areas. I unchecked the show gridline button and worked fine in excel. However, when I save the doc as a pdf file I can see the gridlines across my colored shaded areas. Did I miss something or is this unavoidable. Many thanks.

• Reply 2 of 2
    rtbrtb Posts: 4member
    Thanks. Yes, I did check that as well. Strange thing is I sent the pdf to my winows machine and no gridlines. Must be a Mac thing.