For the corporately employed

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Do you discriminate against delinquent customers? I always get the feeling that my tech problems go unsolved when I'm behind in my bills.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    If you get anyone at a call center and if you believe they have the best interests of the company at heart and actually obey any red flags that come up on accounts, you've found a model employee who doesn't think - and therefore would probably be unable to help you with any problem you may have.

My guess is you've got incredible problems whenever you are in that state, and probably got to that state because the problems were so overwhelming - even for the script readers you call.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Heh, heh. I don't think we've ever had a problem that tech support could actually fix, so I wouldn't take it too personally. "Tech support" is for people who think their CD holder is a drink holder. (Think about it.)

In fact, we call it "stump tech support." And usually call back with the solution--for all the good it does.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

If you get anyone at a call center and if you believe they have the best interests of the company at heart and actually obey any red flags that come up on accounts, you've found a model employee who doesn't think - and therefore would probably be unable to help you with any problem you may have.

My guess is you've got incredible problems whenever you are in that state, and probably got to that state because the problems were so overwhelming - even for the script readers you call.

My first reaction to your post: "that's pretty funny". Then I thought about it. I don't get what you say. The script readers know nothing of the "problems" in other aspects of the caller's life. They only know 1) there having a tech problem and 2) there's a red flag.

PS I think sites like AI are so out of the mainstream the concept of falling behind is ludicrous. Think about it: Apple's demographics are 4%, they've marketed to the "rich and famous", and everyone who wants to be and there stuff is incredibly overpriced.

Maybe we'll do a poll. Has anyone on AI ever been on welfare? Unemployment? Disablity? If so, for how long, and optional (why)? I suspect just that fact that the person's on AI consistently means they have time on their hands, and who but the rich have that?

BYW, I've worked in the non profit, coporate--albeit very shortly--and "trade" sectors of the economy. The difference between the employee that stays and one who doesn't: not making waves.

Quote:

Originally posted by Fangorn

Heh, heh. I don't think we've ever had a problem that tech support could actually fix, so I wouldn't take it too personally. "Tech support" is for people who think their CD holder is a drink holder. (Think about it.)

In fact, we call it "stump tech support." And usually call back with the solution--for all the good it does.

Are all Apple owners so flippant?

Red flags are the issue. I'm curious what constitutes a red flag, and how companies deal with them. I suspect the ethical way is help the customer, and then try and collect the debt. Instead what happens is the money get's collected, and the customer has no time left to talk about the tech issue. The customer get's screwed in that he still has the problem. (The low quality of people who work at service centers is testimony of their prioritization in the coporate world.)

PS I'vve found Apple to be slightly better than the rest. Again, I think it's Apple's demographics. When you call seems to make a big diff, too.