iWork'05 on Intel Macbook?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I have a first gen G4 Mac Mini for which I bought iWork 05. Now I am buying a Macbook and the Mini will be relegated to an iTunes machine witgh the Macbook taking over as my day-to-day PC.

Question: Will iWork 05 (which was written for the PowerPC) work properly on the Macbook or will I see any problems in relation to either speed or anything else? (Of course I shall be uninstalling it from my Mini before installing it on the Macbook)

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tilt

Question: Will iWork 05 (which was written for the PowerPC) work properly on the Macbook or will I see any problems in relation to either speed or anything else? (Of course I shall be uninstalling it from my Mini before installing it on the Macbook)

It should run O.K.

There will be a speed hit, as "rosetta" (OS X's built-in, transparent translator) has to translate the PPC code to Intel code.

You may also run in to some minor bugs. Rosetta improves with each 10.4.x update for Intel Macs.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

It should run O.K.

*snip*.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the response Mr.H. Sorry about the delay in my responding, I did not have access for a few days and only saw your message now.

Cheers