WHAT is connection with SONY PS3 and APPLE ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It has been a while.

I have question.

SONY Playstation3 Home page

When you connect this site, the flash file show APPLE LOGO less than a second

after start and gone.

What could this Mean? Any information?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    kormac77kormac77 Posts: 197member
    Here is screen shots of Flash file

Korea Home page with screen information

Discard other text. Only look at the screen shot.
  • Reply 2 of 13
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Well.

Now the SONY site changed without Apple Logo.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Screen-capture here.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    That logo flashes up intermittently when an animation is produced using a trial version of Shake. Sony el cheapo!

Nothing to see here...moving along.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by MiMac

That logo flashes up intermittently when an animation is produced using a trial version of Shake. Sony el cheapo!

Nothing to see here...moving along.

Oh my God, great catch! That's an even better story than Sony and Apple teaming up ... behemoth Sony is too cheap to buy a retail version of Shake.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by chicagodan

Oh my God, great catch! That's an even better story than Sony and Apple teaming up ... behemoth Sony is too cheap to buy a retail version of Shake.

It was pointed out by a comment on Joystiq that Save is disabled in the Trial version of shake.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    The short version of the Martin Luthar speech. "I have a dream, that one day apple will make a TV, with Front-row 2.0, an Apple TV remote and a built-in PS3. As I said, I have a dream."
  • Reply 9 of 13
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

The short version of the Martin Luthar speech. "I have a dream, that one day apple will make a TV, with Front-row 2.0, an Apple TV remote and a built-in PS3. As I said, I have a dream."

You haven't been paying attention very well have you?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    PS3 is a rubbish, over R&D'ed expensive piece of plastic garbage. £500 a pop? Jeeez!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    lakingsfnlakingsfn Posts: 141member
    Wow, that is interesting, I had to watch the clip about 4 or 5 times before I saw the logo.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

PS3 is a rubbish, over R&D'ed expensive piece of plastic garbage. £500 a pop? Jeeez!

True but if you could run OS X on it, I'm sure people would jump on it. H264 encoding would fly. Leopard is also supposed to have a more optimized kernel so it should run on a machine with fewer resources.

I don't know about Apple and Sony's relationship with them being competing hardware companies but I'd imagine it's better than Sony's relationship with Microsoft what with the whole Blu-Ray/HD-DVD support.

Plus if Apple could open the ITMS to more users then it would be a good move on their part.

It would make sense that the ad is just because of Shake. I'm guessing the disabled save in the trial version just means saving the project files - they could easily render a watermarked movie without saving the project.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

You haven't been paying attention very well have you?

I have, but that shouldn't stop the dreams