MS The Zune - hm, reminds me of what....?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-...une-186359.php

would be interesting, how iTunes looks the Microsoft way....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    #1 This forum is for future Apple hardware.

#2 remember #1 before posting.

#3,
    Quote:

Our hombres over at Engadget got their hands on a pic of one of the possible designs of the Microsoft Argo/iPod Rival.

#4 I think that would be one of the impossible designs unless they are licensing it from Apple. Apple has patents all over that thing.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    acr4acr4 Posts: 100member
    #5 It's fugly.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    It's a lot more elegant than the iPod, button-wise.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

It's a lot more elegant than the iPod, button-wise.

What are you high? The iPod had a better button scheme than that before on gen3, and removed it because it sucked. Scroll wheel is way superior. Why do you think they became the best selling MP3 player? It was the design, and ease of use of the scroll wheel.

• Reply 5 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I like the screen size.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

#1 This forum is for future Apple hardware.

This thread would make more sense in the "iPod + iTunes" forum.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

This thread would make more sense in the "iPod + iTunes" forum.

Yup.

Ta-da!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    I think it's funny that Microsoft is naming it the Zune.

Creative is gonna get so pissed... hehehe.

But now the M$ users will be able to Zunecast... with the advent of their new technology called "Personal On Demand broadCast"... no, I mean "Portable On Demand broadCast". Yeah, that's it.

AND navigate effortlessly thanks to the Zune patented interface, err patent pending interface... I mean, patented rip-off of an interface.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    solsunsolsun Posts: 763member
    Supposedly, this is not going to be called the "Microsoft Zune," it is going to be called the "Xbox Zune," and yes, it plays Xbox games. It is a portable wireless gaming device that just happens to play music as well.. This should compete in a different market, I can't imagine many adults wanting a gaming device.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    OMG, maybe I'm just gullible, but is any of this serious? That has to be the ugliest piece of personal electronics I've seen. Unless of course, this is 1981. Is that thing off-white? And what's with the big-assed black trim around everything? The screen size looks wrong too, or are you supposed to turn the thing sideways to look at whatever is being displayed? Is that gray thing a click wheel or a little speaker with the cover off? Not to mention the "Back" arrow looks like a Microsoft Word clip art arrow.

Honestly now, you guys are pulling my leg, right?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    solsunsolsun Posts: 763member
    The screen orientation is definitely wrong for a gaming device, and the controls would be very awkward if the screen was turned on its side. But who knows this IS Microsof..... err... Xbox.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Yeah, that screen format is only successful for reading blocks of text or lists.

But for accessing the type of content they are talking about (games, photos, movies, etc.), you need the screen in a different orientation.

This device has already failed.