msg for forum admin

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Hi !!

I came into the AppleInsider forums on Thursday, 6 July, because I was looking to purchase one of the new education iMacs.

I had questions to ask, and conveniently there were of course threads already created on the topic.

So, I signed up to join AppleInsider forums. Then there was an activation email -- which I also did on 06 July.

To my surprise, after activation, there was yet another phase for registration wherein I needed someone to authorize my account, so that I could post! I finally received that authorization today, just minutes ago .... FIVE days after I registered at the site.

Why does it take 5 days for someone to be able to post a question on these forums?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Are you 13 or younger?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Are you 13 or younger?

I'm not. And after six days of waiting, I had to email the sysadmin. I think it was still a day or two after that, that I was able to post.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Personally, I am 35, and a teacher, which launched my initial interest in the new education iMac.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    (this forum ain't so nice)
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I think it's a legitimate question.

Another user reflected the same experience.

Such experiences definitely reflect poorly on the forum. I have to say that I was surprised that I was not the only one.

I belong to many forums, but never had to wait 5 days to post on any forum!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by molly_001

I think it's a legitimate question.

Another user reflected the same experience.

Such experiences definitely reflect poorly on the forum. I have to say that I was surprised that I was not the only one.

I belong to many forums, but never had to wait 5 days to post on any forum!

I apologize for the delay that you had in registering for the forums.

Along with making a lot of changes behind the scenes, a few of us have been away on vacation. I trust that we'll be able to respond much more quickly in the future.