macbook && windows

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i'm going to college in the fall & looking for a laptop. macbook is on my maybe list. the question is, does windows work well on the macbook? should i just get a macbook w/ mac software and learn it (although that's really not an option)

advice...?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    You are on a mac forum so everyone is going to say buy a mac.

Windows work on mac's, not like on PC's, but it works.

Ideally, you should learn (well, it pretty easy for normal stuff) Mac OS X and only boot into windows if you need to for a certain application.

If you don't want to use osx, don't buy a mac. If you want to use a great OS that will give you a heck of a lot less problems that Windows, get a macbook.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    "Windows work on mac's, not like on PC's, but it works."

Actually... Windows works exactly the same on a MacBook as it would on any PC notebook. When you boot into Windows on a MacBook... it is basically a PC. There are a few annoying factors for the average PC user with regards to some different keys... but it's completely functional.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Don't forget to download right-click emulator and CTRL+ALT+DEL key remapper to get these functions on a MacBook.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jtusjtus Posts: 18member
    I am running a MACBOOK with palallels installed to run Windows and also installed BootCamp from MAC. Windows works fine on both installs and the only time I see any difference at all is when running Autocad in parallels it it a little slow but still usable with no problems at all. I have to run windows for some software that i use everyday at work and would say get a MAC and if you need windows putit in and you will not be sorry.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jtusjtus Posts: 18member
    The MACBOOK has the right click built right in nothing extra to install just turn it on.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    joeyjoey Posts: 236member
    Parallels is a great option... especially since you don't really have any of the driver issues that you might have under BootCamp. The trackpad under Parallels works just like you're still in OS X (unlike when you load XP through BootCamp).
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I started college last fall and bought an HP laptop and as soon as the new Macbook Pro came out I sold my HP and bought the MBP. It was also my first Mac I pretty much got it because I heard good things and i was just that tired of windows. I couldnt stand the lack of freeware to work with my gadgets like my ipod and tv tuner and so on. And i dont really care to talk aobut the amount of trouble windows has caused me. I did actually use the bootcamp beta to boot windows but after using OS X for about 4 months i havent booted into windows more that 4 or 5 times. If you have any interest in cool little freeware apps and dont like having problems with a crappy OS then i would really suggest going with the Macbook. I love my MBP....It plays WOW like a dream.

Hope it helps thanks