Quicktime Broadcaster

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Who's got it and actually played with it?

Report!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Downloaded it last night, got it to work on the LAN with audio (I don't have a FW camcorder).

Unfortunately it needs QTSS to stream, and that needs OSX Server... can I compile the Darwin SS on OS X?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Apple][Forever:

<strong>Unfortunately it needs QTSS to stream, and that needs OSX Server... can I compile the Darwin SS on OS X?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Try the developper preview version... it works fine on X client for me. I have also read that the normal QT streaming server will install and work without any problem on X client.

P.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Would anyone care to go into some detail on how to set it up to work to stream to one client (as that is what I hear it only works for).

Apple's site says you do not need QuickTime Streaming Server but everyone else says you do
  • Reply 4 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I used the preview successfully with and without QTSS.

Here's the deal, you can only stream to one client without QTSS. You enter the target IP for a single recipient. It's a lot more convenient ans easier to set-up a stream with QTSS, which will indeed install on the normal version of Mac OS X.

Since I only have 128 kbps upstream bandwidth, it was hard to tell how good my stream was. Video was very good when I set the stream to modem speed. Sound was good at first, but it became very distorted as the stream continued.

I haven't played with the final version so I don't know if it fares better.