Here?s what I have in mind;

Note: this would be for MacWorld in January

Black MacBook

2.16GHz upgradable to 2.33 GHz Intel Core Duo *

Intel GMA X3000

1GB of Ram

80GB Hard Drive (Perhaps 100GB)

SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)

iWork 07 included (Pages, KeyNote and Charts/Numbers)

iLife 07 pre-installed for $49

Other business oriented programs (perhaps a special discount on Office for Mac?)

All for $1,499

I thought this up since a lot of people have complained about the price of the black MacBook, I think that this could be a great solution not only would it make the price seem a lot better but this would also entice more business type people to buy Macbooks.

I also decided on the name for 2 reasons:

1) I like the name Wall-street (edition) MacBook (I know I?m weird)

2) Plus since it is black, like its namesake -> http://www.macopinion.com/columns/ro.../10/index.html - Photos and info!!

So what do you guys think, would you buy this notebook? would you add something else? or would you remove something?

I would love to hear your feedback!!

* I chose to stay with Yonah chips since I doubt Apple will offer Merom for the MacBooks anytime soon. *

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Yeah great - stick it in the ole Wall-Street style case as well. No flaky paint job. strong as a tank.

what size screen?.. 14".?

PC card...? I mean err.. Express slot..?

Expansion bays.... for Blue-Ray etc.

Thing is with core-duo 1 and not duo 2, does that mean they are stuck with 950 boards and not extra goodies in 965..
  • Reply 2 of 4
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Darth_Apple

* I chose to stay with Yonah chips since I doubt Apple will offer Merom for the MacBooks anytime soon. *

Being that intel is updating their workstation/server line (woodcrest successor) in early 2007 you would think they would do the same with the other processors as well. Staying with Yonah in 2007 would put the MacBook a step back. So to speak. I think optimism is a better choice in this situation. Apple will probably be updating the Merom MBP to something faster by that time, and will need the steady progression of processors for the MacBooks to stay competitive. That's just my opinion. But anything can happen so you never know until they are announced really.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    For a laptop aimed at business users I'd suggest.

1.Dock options- We need a capable dock with a full complement of ports. Dual Head support would be lovely.

2. GMA Graphics are fine(3000 series)

3. No iLife but iWorks is fine

4. Add Wireless WAN options. Support EV-DO.

5. Include a 3yr Warranty in the price of the unit.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Being that intel is updating their workstation/server line (woodcrest successor) in early 2007 you would think they would do the same with the other processors as well. Staying with Yonah in 2007 would put the MacBook a step back. So to speak. I think optimism is a better choice in this situation. Apple will probably be updating the Merom MBP to something faster by that time, and will need the steady progression of processors for the MacBooks to stay competitive. That's just my opinion. But anything can happen so you never know until they are announced really.

I agree with you 100%, I personally would love for the MacBook to get Merom by Christmas, but I guess we will have to wait and see!

Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

For a laptop aimed at business users I'd suggest.

1.Dock options- We need a capable dock with a full complement of ports. Dual Head support would be lovely.

2. GMA Graphics are fine(3000 series)

3. No iLife but iWorks is fine

4. Add Wireless WAN options. Support EV-DO.

5. Include a 3yr Warranty in the price of the unit.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Anyways I really doubt Apple will include a 3yr warranty with any of there computers, atleast not anytime soon but I do think that there should be a compromise and perhaps add a 2yr warranty with an option for a third year for around $100(?).