So...It's Zune, is it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Google image Zune, you'll be surprised how mane pics ya get.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I don't know how I connected to this link... but this is new.

http://www.comingzune.com/
  • Reply 3 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Dumb name. I hope AAPL hits the basement next week so I can buy some.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Dumb name. I hope AAPL hits the basement next week so I can buy some.

I wouldn't bet on it, especially after their record earnings report.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    nerudaneruda Posts: 439member
    I hope Apple gets on the ball and releases the upgraded nanos and "real" video iPod in time for the holiday shopping season.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda

I hope Apple gets on the ball and releases the upgraded nanos and "real" video iPod in time for the holiday shopping season.

Don't count Apple out yet... I think the real storm is coming soon. Keep in mind, what was the last really cool "and one more thing" to come out of Apple. It's been a while, relatively speaking.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    ive been holding off on a new ipod (i own the iphoto) to see what the next ivideo is like... i imagine that APPLE have heard of the zune before now... and so THATS the reason for the delay in new ipods... when apple see what the spec of the zune is like, they will add or take away features as needed to compeate with the zune (or in fanboy talk WALK ALL OVER IT) as noted by the 'iphone' thread with the signal strength and other phone related features for the nano update.

it makes sense for apple to hold off features until they know what MS are dropping, it also means that when apple DO release new ipods, people have been holding off and so initial sales of ipods will be high, looking like a success.

also if you dont have to buy flash ram till the last second it will be even cheaper (assuming all things equal)

im holding off, when the NEXT ipod video drops, i will be buying, when the nano gets 8GB i will be buying.

and for one of the few times in my life im HAPPY to wait
  • Reply 8 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    A lot of people thought "iPod" was a dumb name when it came out.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    i think whats going to happen is that apple will release the new ipods before or around the same time as the so called 'zune', (such a shite name), at the same prices, with reletively the same features, but one will have something the other doesnt. this would then lead to a kind of, 'anything you can do, i can do better' and one will reduce their prices to gain an edge, so the other will have to reduce the price to stay competative, for a few years/months, then one will eventually win, hopefully the ipod!!

an as microsoft are microsoft, they will promise a load of stuff, then fail to develope it in time, and as apple is apple, they will go far beyond what the 'zune can offer.

so basically the 1st gen zune will do ok, but then the next generations will fall behind the ipod. with prices being reduced

well, thats what i rekon