MacOSRumors finally gone!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.macosrumors.com/

I'm sorry.. but these guys were terrible. The "inside info" they posted was laughable, and they absolutely never updated their site when they said they were going to.

ie: "Fresh dirt on 10.5 coming tonight!"

Tonight turns into morning, morning then to night again, days pass, and the fresh dirt announcement is quietly removed.

Sorry for ranting a bit.. but these guys were clearly out only to make profit off ad clicks, and nothing more. Wasting the time of many mac enthusiasts looking for inside info on their favorite products.

Goodbye MacOSRumors...

ThinkSecret, MacRumors, and AppleInsider are the best places, in my opinion..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 55
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    I wouldn't cheer too quickly yet. Meader has a long history of "forgetting" to pay his domain bills on time. This is about the 4th time I have seen them time-out their domain since '97. Then they are back online three or four days later with some lame-o excuse and a new pitch for donations.
  • Reply 2 of 55
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Lame.

His laziness is what kills me.

His name is Meader?

People who spend their time making quick money off ads.. And the site refreshes every 30 seconds or so to bring in new ads.. It just drives me crazy!
  • Reply 3 of 55
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    It's baaaaaaack! Just like the booger you just can flick off!
  • Reply 4 of 55
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Meader's dumb website will outlast cockroaches.

I don't even waste my bits going to his site. It's not even funny anymore.
  • Reply 5 of 55
    How does everyone know this guys name??

What's his problem, and why does he waste everyone's time with his useless website?
  • Reply 6 of 55
    lakingsfnlakingsfn Posts: 141member
    Never heard of the site, sounds like that's a good thing too.
  • Reply 7 of 55
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    I thought that site was dead and buried long ago.

It has the second biggest load of shit on it.

• Reply 8 of 55
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I remember when MOSR was THE rumor site. About 5 years ago perhaps?
  • Reply 9 of 55
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    the post comment ratio to story is higher there than here, obviously a bigger audience and more members. i prefer AI for news but for reading, there is more content there.
  • Reply 10 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Yeah, it was pretty bad back then, too. But they had some nice mockups of the G5, G6, and G7 about that time.
  • Reply 11 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

the post comment ratio to story is higher there than here, obviously a bigger audience and more members. i prefer AI for news but for reading, there is more content there.

You must be thinking of macrumors, which is an excellent rumors site. No one reads MOSR anymore.
  • Reply 12 of 55
    Yeah, MacRumors is good.. Though I do find they often just repost what ThinkSecret and AppleInsider write about.
  • Reply 13 of 55
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

He was right-on about the G4 desktop, way before anyone else. That's about it.

8)
  • Reply 14 of 55
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    how quickly people forget...

actually, ryan and "mac the knife" were the only two sites "in the know" back in the days pre-steve-jobs-v.2.0, and was fairly accurate with lots of items before the g3 came on the scene (yes, kids, there was an apple computer BEFORE the g3/imac...) but ryan got fed years of false leads when steve took over, and he bit on almost all of them, seemingly unaware that he was leading apple right back to their leaks.

now, not only does he have a reputation for bad rumors, but no one will touch hime with anything valuable, either. but all it will take is somone giving him one bit of legitimate inside info, and we'll start listening again. heck, if i were apple, it might be worth seeding an actual mockup of a minor product. no one would believe him until AFTER it was released, due to recent track record. then everyone would believe EVERYthing he posted afterwards for a while, throwing everyone off track of what apple is really doing.

a bit of reverse marketing psychology, but i like it.
  • Reply 15 of 55
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

As a matter of fact, it was almost 5 years ago when they published the Dodecahedron Mac rumor. I cannot forget that.
  • Reply 16 of 55
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

As a matter of fact, it was almost 5 years ago when they published the Dodecahedron Mac rumor. I cannot forget that.

The post below from that thread made me spit my drink on my iMac screen. I am still freekn laughing about that crazy post and I can hardly type because JYD seems so serious in his post. Dodecawhat?

You guys sure were hurting for rumors back then.

Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

LOL, this dodecahedron Maac is one of the most incredibly stupid rumors I've ever heard.

At fifrst I though MOSR meat tat it had a flat top and bottom to the computer, with all th sides But upon closer inspection of the article, I think MOSR actually means that it would be a spheroid computer (with all those sides, like facets to a gemstone)!!!!

If Apple makes such a computer, even on a limited productoi run, I'll suck my own dick, and swallow!!!

If MOSR meant this as a joke, then they are one step away from running clear of my bullshit detector

• Reply 17 of 55
    Quote:

You guys sure were hurting for rumors back then.

People don't follow that crap anymore cause it's just so blatantly ridiculous..

Those of us who follow Apple on a daily basis have a bit of a better idea of what's crap, and what rumors are going to see the light of day.
  • Reply 18 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Haha. So maybe it was more than 5 years. Or maybe they always were crap, but they had a lot more influence back then. But no one talks about them anymore, and it used to be a primary source of discussion at least.
  • Reply 19 of 55
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Haha. So maybe it was more than 5 years. Or maybe they always were crap, but they had a lot more influence back then. But no one talks about them anymore, and it used to be a primary source of discussion at least.

As I recall, they had the scoop on the cube right when I first started following apple rumors. That was the last thing they got right. Not long after that was the dodecahedron thing, and I stopped paying attention.
  • Reply 20 of 55
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    For all of the reasons so well stated above, I'd almost bet that when The Tablet is ready for launch, any leak will be at Meader's.

V/R,

Aries 1B