Macbook Pro Carrying Case

smnsmn
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm looking to get a carrying case for my Macbook Pro, but I'm not sure I've found any that I like yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Looking online, most of what I've found is specialty cases -- hard cases, backpacks, colorful/decorative designs, etc. I'm looking for something much more typical, business style: black, shoulder strap, professional-looking (but probably just nylon - I'm a student, can't afford leather!), and with pockets for some accessories and printer documents.

Anyone know of a case along these lines that's designed to fit the macbook pro? I tried looking at generic cases and found something that I kind of liked from Targus, but despite their claiming that it "fits" the Macbook Pro, it really doesn't -- apparently their definition of "fit" literally means "any case bigger than the computer," which left me with several inches of extra space in every dimension with the computer bouncing around inside. Even the adjustable velcro straps they have inside couldn't come close to getting a snug fit; I might as well have just thrown the laptop inside a large suitcase. And then their customer service reps gave me hell when I tried to return it -- they were insistent that the computer did, technically, "fit" (but certainly not in any practical sense, and not in a way that would prevent damage while traveling), and didn't want to take it back. That was a pretty miserable experience that I don't want to repeat, so hopefully somebody has a better suggestion in mind :-)

Thanks,

Scott

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    One of my co-workers has a neoprene or similar material sleeve that he sticks his powerbook in. I think I say this for the MBP as well.

He uses it to just carry around the building, place in his backpack or a traditional briefcase. I believe it came with his backpack but I think you can buy them seperately.

Vinea
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Hey, I bought the case from www.macbook-case.com.

Here is the picture of it.

I love it! You gotta see it for yourself. No Doubt!

I bought this to protect my Mac, but I got impressed by look. It looks plain if you compare it with other brand, but because of the simple design, it doesn't ruin the Apple design and looks fantastic!

MacBook Pro Case