5400 rpm vs. 7200 rpm & Apature

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
In regards to using Apature and raw pictures taken with a Digital SRL, will I notice a significant performance boost with a 7200 rpm HD.

Thought especially with Apature and the magification feature, pictures might come up faster with a 7200 rpm HD.

I am getting a MacBook Pro soon and am not sure if the 7200 rpm would really be helpful. If it's not that helpful I could spend the money for the 120 GB HD.

Thanks, Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by danceclimber

In regards to using Apature and raw pictures taken with a Digital SRL, will I notice a significant performance boost with a 7200 rpm HD.

Thought especially with Apature and the magification feature, pictures might come up faster with a 7200 rpm HD.

I am getting a MacBook Pro soon and am not sure if the 7200 rpm would really be helpful. If it's not that helpful I could spend the money for the 120 GB HD.

Thanks, Chris

No, actually. I posted in another thread, but density also has to do with hard disk performance?with more density, you're reading more information per rotation.

So the 5400 120 GB and the 7200 100 GB about even out.

Also, get RAM. I only have a gig, and it's a painful downgrade from the 1.5 gigs I had on my G5.
  • Reply 1 of 4
    (sorry, double post. mods, why can't we delete our own posts?)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    max_naylormax_naylor Posts: 194member
    Please, it's called Aperture.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks gregmightdothat. Given that, I'll get the 120 GB.

Chris