Improving Apples webmail

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Okay, as long as we're going to be paying for webmail, I think it needs a few improvements:

1. Import address books. This needs to happen and I don't think that iSync addresses this.

2. Allow addresses to be grouped, e.g., work, family, friends, etc.

3. Improved control over the user interface. For example, I prefer to see last name first in my address book, but there's no way to shift columns. And when I sort a column, the preference is reset if I log out.

4. Encrypt the whole process, not just the login.

5. Make your privacy policy more obvious.

6. Navigating the site seems overly difficult. Try tabs or something.

7. What happens if I hit the 15Mb limit? Do you delete email or start bouncing them?

8. Allow a spam filter which only permits email from designated addresses to get through - and then allow me to designate my entire address book. Walt Mossberg reviewed just such a filter, called ChoiceMail, last week, and loved it.

Just my humble two cents.

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: gobble gobble ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Gobble good points. Make sure you forward these to Apple's Feedback.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>Gobble good points. Make sure you forward these to Apple's Feedback.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks. I have. Repeatedly. But I'm not sure that it's doing any good since there is no difference between the Beta II and the final version in either the user interface or functionality.

[ 07-19-2002: Message edited by: gobble gobble ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 7
    9. Spelll chhecker

• Reply 4 of 7
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    [quote]Originally posted by gobble gobble:

<strong>9. Spelll chhecker

</strong><hr></blockquote>

amen.

and the ability to bcc: (if anyone knows how, let me know)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Stroszek:

<strong>

amen.

and the ability to bcc: (if anyone knows how, let me know)</strong><hr></blockquote>

You can bcc: - go to webmail Preferences and click "add Bcc: header" And bcc: all you want.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member

<strong>

You can bcc: - go to webmail Preferences and click "add Bcc: header" And bcc: all you want.</strong><hr></blockquote>

thanks for the info, amazing that you miss whn you aren't paying attention.

i would like to be able to pop other mail into it without having to go into the preferences, just have a pop button or something. a minor annoyance though.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    stevesteve Posts: 523member

<strong>1. Import address books. This needs to happen and I don't think that iSync addresses this.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It does.

<strong> [quote]2. Allow addresses to be grouped, e.g., work, family, friends, etc.</strong><hr></blockquote>

In Jag, you'll be able to group your contacts. When you Sync with .Mac, those same groups will get sucked into their appropriate folders in Webmail.