New MacBook. Any great widgets?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My new MacBook came in today. What are the "must have" widgets out there? Thanks ya'll.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ppp1182

My new MacBook came in today. What are the "must have" widgets out there? Thanks ya'll.

Not 'essential' but I absolutely love the very well made Chess Widget by Robert Silverman. If you like chess, you must check it out.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I love the Etch-a-Sketch widget that you erase by shaking around with your mouse.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I love iStat Pro 3.0 by Brad Gale and Marc Edwards you can find it here.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    the new version of fetch FTP ( http://fetchsoftworks.com/ ) has a nice widget for drag-and-drop quick file transfers...very useful to me, and replaced an applescript i had doing the same thing.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    i frequently use the amazon album art widget and the one from imageshack.us which lets you upload images via drag 'n drop and copy the links when it's done.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Hi, if I may be as bold as to toot my own horn, I have built a few widgets, some of which you may find interesting:
    • Sundial - allows you to track time on Basecamp projects

• PHP Function Reference - quick lookup of most anything related to PHP programming

• GetDilbert - brings the Dilbert comic strip to your Dashboard

• IP Locator - geolocation widget; enter an IP address and see where the person is in the world

• Make-A-Pass - secure, highly random password generator; highly customizable

There are many others I like enough to keep on my Dashboard, including the following:
    • Dashalytics - Google Analytics summary

• iStockDash - summary of your iStockPhoto.com account (I'm a contributor)

• Spectrum - used in conjunction with iStumbler, gives you a graphical view of visible AirPort networks

• imst3k - this one's kind of silly, but it makes your Dashboard look like Mystery Science Theater

That should keep you busy for a while...

Cheers!

-Andrew
  • Reply 7 of 8
    sauna booby widgets?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    1. BBC RADIO WIDGET

2. PIRATE TRANSLATOR

3. iGOOGLE

4. UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS

5. WIKIPEDIA

6. MAILWIDGET

7. SKYPE

8. GO GO REDBALL

9. EGG TIMER

10. DASHMAIL

I wont be doing that again, so enjoy it while you can.