iCal Server AND CalDAV

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Calendar Sharing! Nice. Even lets you view attendees? availability before you schedule a meeting.

Anyone know if this iCal Server will require Mac OS X Server?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
  • Reply 2 of 5
    No one ever seems to be interested in the same things I am but I'll post this anyway.

The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium announced today that Apple has joined their group. I guess Apple has already been a significant contributor to the development of CalDAV and other calendaring standards.

Also of note is that Apple will release the source code for iCal Server when Mac OS X Server Leopard goes on sale.

So now I have another question. Is it possible for Apple's WebDAV based .Mac service to function as an iCal Server?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    What the heck is THIS?

Did Apple inadvertently release information on a new application called "Teams"? It says Apple's "Teams".
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Hmmm... found this new preference panel for iCal (wait for it, it takes while to load).

• Reply 5 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rongold

What the heck is THIS?

Did Apple inadvertently release information on a new application called "Teams"? It says Apple's "Teams".

I'm pretty sure it's the name of the the tool used to configure part of the wiki server.

http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/l...ikiserver.html

The wiki feature page make specific mention of calendar sharing:

Quote:

With a few clicks, or by dragging and dropping, they can upload files and images, track changes, assign keywords, hyper-link pages, view and contribute to shared calendars and blogs, and search for content on the group Intranet. It?s a powerful communication assistant.

It would make sense that if you're gonna share a cal you're going to get the data from the new Apple iCal server and if you're going you'll need some method/interface/app that'll be used to grab said data.

Dave