Stingy 50-character limit on sig lines

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I just tried to remove the tiny, understated "omg wwdc omg" I'd added to my sig line -- but I can't do it unless I throw out practically all of my current sig line at the same time, all because of the current 50-character limit on sig lines.

Hell, just 11 blank spaces, put in as " " so that I get non-breaking spaces, counts as 66 characters all by itself without any text, by the simplistic and thus brain dead way characters are being counted here.

I realize this is a reaction to some people abusing the sig lines, but come on... if were allowed three lines of small text, even without any tags or special characters, we should be allowed something more like 250 characters just for that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline

I just tried to remove the tiny, understated "omg wwdc omg" I'd added to my sig line -- but I can't do it unless I throw out practically all of my current sig line at the same time, all because of the current 50-character limit on sig lines.

Hell, just 11 blank spaces, put in as " " so that I get non-breaking spaces, counts as 66 characters all by itself without any text, by the simplistic and thus brain dead way characters are being counted here.

I realize this is a reaction to some people abusing the sig lines, but come on... if were allowed three lines of small text, even without any tags or special characters, we should be allowed something more like 250 characters just for that.

I've increased the limit to 240.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Thank you.