Need a high end mac-friendly printer/copier

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hoping someone can help asap! I spend way too much each year in copies (2-3k)

I need a mac-friendly copy machine that has these easy-to-ask-for qualities:

-Can handle 3-4,000 copies a month

-Collate (stapling would be a bonus)

-Double sided printing (legal and regular size) a MUST!

-enlarging/reducing (pretty standard request)

-Has some sort of maint. plan/warnt. for repairs.

-Ability to print from any mac in my office!

I DON'T NEED: it to color copy, scan, fax etc. But since most do, that would be fine too.

Our Budget $2-3k (and I am willing to rent a machine for a mo. fee if it comes with a maint. plan/service)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by craftymacgirl

Hoping someone can help asap! I spend way too much each year in copies (2-3k)

I need a mac-friendly copy machine that has these easy-to-ask-for qualities:

-Can handle 3-4,000 copies a month

-Collate (stapling would be a bonus)

-Double sided printing (legal and regular size) a MUST!

-enlarging/reducing (pretty standard request)

-Has some sort of maint. plan/warnt. for repairs.

-Ability to print from any mac in my office!

I DON'T NEED: it to color copy, scan, fax etc. But since most do, that would be fine too.

Our Budget $2-3k (and I am willing to rent a machine for a mo. fee if it comes with a maint. plan/service)

It's probably a good bit out of your price range (printer config runs about $3,500) and configured as a copier, with collating and stapling probably double that, but I cannot say enough good things about the Ricoh Aficio 7200 we aquired a few months ago. We didn't get any of the copier features, but the print engine is just that, the engine portion of the Ricoh Aficio color copier line. The printer is fast, accurate and reproduction is beautiful. If you can find a local Ricoh dealer, I suggest you investigate availability of a lease. It might just be affordable. Standard warranty is 1 year onsite. Maintenance plans are available.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    The xerox 7750 is a pretty good printer.

I picked one up on the xerox factory outlet on ebay for around 2700 refurbished. Everything was pretty much brand new, has a 90 day warranty and an option for an extended warranty

has great mac drivers and does all the features that you want. Toners last 25000

hope that helps. I just got mine a few weeks ago and am more than happy.