cad program

1st1st
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am new here. Any good cad program or EDA program for OS X? Something like solid edge (3D) or Cadence would be nice. Got Cheetah, but it is different kind of animal. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Welcome to AI.

Now, as you a new here, we won't drag you over hot coals because of where you posted this thread. Future Hardware is, like the forum suggestions, for Future Apple Hardware.

This thread belongs in Applications, as that is what it is about. Ill move it there now.

Have a read of the Posting Guidelines so your membership in this fine community is a pleasant experience for all.

And again, welcome!

b.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Have a peek over here at Architosh. They have a good listing.

http://www.architosh.com/

SketchUp is great for what it does. There are other things out there. Good luck.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1st

I am new here. Any good cad program or EDA program for OS X? Something like solid edge (3D) or Cadence would be nice. Got Cheetah, but it is different kind of animal. Many thanks in advance.

Off course you can enjoy all the bliss of osX and still use the windows CAD app you're used to by installing windows next to osX under parallels or bootcamp 8)
  • Reply 4 of 5
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    As far as EDA, there's not much out there for the Mac. Several Cadence programs run on Linux, so it may be possible to run them under X11, but I haven't tried.

It would be nice to see a Mac port. I can't imagine there too much to it if you already have a Linux version, now that everything runs x86.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    Many thanks for all the help. I wasn't ignor the rules... The future hardware guru would be the one knows how to use EDA and CAD for the apple future product, not the application guy... Unless there is a demand within the group, no body is going to push apple version of the EDA or CAD... Thanks again. The point well taken...