A&E Television content arrives on iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
A&E Television Networks and Apple on Wednesday announced hit television programming from A&E Network, The Biography and History Channels is now available for purchase and download on the iTunes Music Store.

The new content features popular series such as "Criss Angel: Mindfreak," "Driving Force" and "Inked" from A&E Network, "The Revolution" and "Modern Marvels" from The History Channel, and selections from the Emmy Award-winning "Biography" series from The Biography Channel.

"Teaming up with iTunes is a great opportunity for us to both reach our growing fan base and expand our reach to new viewers wherever they are," said Steve Ronson, senior vice president, Enterprises, A&E Television Network. "iTunes is the leader in TV show downloads, and we are very happy that A&E Television Network brands and programming will now be available to consumers on their iPod or computer."

iTunes now offers over 200 TV shows for $1.99 per episode for viewing on a computer or iPod.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

A&E Television Networks and Apple on Wednesday announced hit television programming from A&E Network, The Biography and History Channels is now available for purchase and download on the iTunes Music Store.

The new content features popular series such as "Criss Angel: Mindfreak," "Driving Force" and "Inked" from A&E Network, "The Revolution" and "Modern Marvels" from The History Channel, and selections from the Emmy Award-winning "Biography" series from The Biography Channel.

"Teaming up with iTunes is a great opportunity for us to both reach our growing fan base and expand our reach to new viewers wherever they are," said Steve Ronson, senior vice president, Enterprises, A&E Television Network. "iTunes is the leader in TV show downloads, and we are very happy that A&E Television Network brands and programming will now be available to consumers on their iPod or computer."

iTunes now offers over 200 TV shows for $1.99 per episode for viewing on a computer or iPod.

Holy bologna!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    .... Batman!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    shady104shady104 Posts: 332member
    no growing up gotti? ::tear::
  • Reply 4 of 6
    eaieai Posts: 417member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

"Teaming up with iTunes is a great opportunity for us to both reach our growing fan base and expand our reach to new viewers wherever they are,"

assuming they're in the United States...

Unusual definition of "wherever"...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    porchlandporchland Posts: 478member
    Are there any major cable networks left that aren't on iTunes? HBO is the only major that comes to mind. WB has other shows on iTunes, so this probably won't be far behind.

Any major shows that aren't on iTunes yet? I guess "Seinfeld" and "Everybody Loves Ramond" would be the biggest catalog shows out there. "Seinfeld" is on Sony/Columbia, so who knows when they'll come around. I think "Raymond" is Viacom or CBS.

"Frazier," "Gilligan's Island," "Brady Bunch," "All McBeal" are some of the other catalog shows I'd like to see.

I think the bigger network shows that aren't already on iTunes will probably be coming along in September and October when the fall season starts. Looking forward to "How I Met Your Mother."

With all this content, a buffet-style subscription plan would be nice.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne