iChat Question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Before today when I was looking at my ichat buddy list, people who I could video conference with had a little green video button next to their name, with what seemed to be two other green video buttons directly behind it cascading back. Other people just had a green button with nothing behind it, now everyone just has one button and none behind it. I hope im making it clear enuf, why dont i see the three buttons ne more?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    The "cascading" buttons meant that their version of iChat and/or their CPU were capable of doing MULTIPLE video chats rather than being limited to one-on-one.

Mine still shows some folks with the "cascading" button.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

The "cascading" buttons meant that their version of iChat and/or their CPU were capable of doing MULTIPLE video chats rather than being limited to one-on-one.

Mine still shows some folks with the "cascading" button.

Oh ok, then maybe I disabled multiple for me? Cuz my friends had a conference that they could all join but I coudnt. How do i fix this?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    anyone know?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Some machines do not have the spec to host more than a one-way video chat. What machine are you using? Although this wouldn't explain why it used to work, and isn't now.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I have a 17 inch fully loaded new macbook pro... so it should work and used to work i dont know how to get it back...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Yeah the spec of the machine is not the problem - are they're any settings that could have changed - perhaps your bandwidth limit? I've not got a video camera so haven't had much experience in this area.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Hmm weird, the cascading buttons are back and I can conference again, and again, i didnt touch any settings. Wonder why this happened.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    weird