new macbook pro (update)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi a few days ago I posted a thread on the forum http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=65639 and well I was searching on the new mac pro spechs and the macbook pro spechs and I can't find the graphics card GMA 950 (actual) for looking when the GMA x3000 arrive

what is the magnetic latch?

and is it true that the new macbook pro with merom will support 4GBs of RAM?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    b3ns0nb3ns0n Posts: 95member
    Eek, grammar wreck.

Okay, the new Macbook Pro is expected to contain a Merom processor, we don't know whether they'll allow 4GBs of RAM, or introduce a magnetic latch (a magnetic latch is a way to close the macbook without using a latch or clip). The GMA 950 is used in the normal Macbook, as integrated graphics. The Macbook Pro should stick to dedicated graphics (a separate graphics card) as it has right now. The GMA x3000 is (I think) slated to arrive with Santa Rosa in 2007 (the next intel notebook platform, compared to the current one, Napa).

Hopefully that won't confuse you, heh.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    This may sound stupid, but ill say it anyway.

Does anyone think that the GMA x3000 will stand up to..say..atleast a NVidia SLI 7950GX2 ?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 132GHz,4TB DDR8 SDRAM,95TB HDD

This may sound stupid, but ill say it anyway.

Does anyone think that the GMA x3000 will stand up to..say..atleast a NVidia SLI 7950GX2 ?

Huh? integrated graphics against SLI?

Aaaaaah, you got me there !!!

you're trolling, right.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Hehehe...no, not yet anyway.

Will it stand up to a 7800 atleast then ?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    The x3000 is going to be a decent improvement on current integrated graphics, but expect it to be no better than the bottom rung of dedicated cards. (e.g. X1300)

David
  • Reply 6 of 6
    zandroszandros Posts: 537member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macfan090786

and is it true that the new macbook pro with merom will support 4GBs of RAM?

It will support exactly the same memory as any other current Intel processor - none.

It is the MCH which determines what and how much memory can be used, aside from the adressing capabilities of the CPU.