New iPod with OS X?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Check this video out that was posted on Google today.

It's an iPod which is running OS X as you would a normal computer.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...32516045049723

WTF??? I hope this is real- you could sync with your entire computer- smallest mac ever!!

BENj

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    benjbenj Posts: 68member
    here's the same iPod using Safari

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...38807998741901

BENj
  • Reply 2 of 15
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member
    It's not real. Someone shot video of themselves using OSX and then played it back on the ipod and tried to sync their moves.It's a slightly older video and has already been debunked.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi

It's not real. Someone shot video of themselves using OSX and then played it back on the ipod and tried to sync their moves.It's a slightly older video and has already been debunked.

Debunked what does this mean? And where else has this video been posted, I've never seen it before.

I doubt your theory is true. If you unlock the iPod and use the scroll wheel on a video the volume shows up on the screen.

BENj
  • Reply 4 of 15
    This is really interesting... if I had to guess, I'd say this is a sequence of images that is being scrolled through. Cute, though incredibly impractical in reality.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yeah, Occam's Razor says that he's running Mac OS X on his iPod because it's the simplest answer.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Heres the thing...

While its great that the iPod is scrolling through the dock -- the UI on the iPod would prove impossible or extremly hard as implimented with Mac OS X. The iPod UI wouldn't even work on a cell phone most likely.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    What I don't understand is why these people insist on pushing a full-fledged OS, apps and everything, onto an iPod. Come on, now Word, Excel, and PowerPoint run on an iPod? What's next, Final Cut Pro?
  • Reply 9 of 15
    user23user23 Posts: 199member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenJ

Debunked what does this mean? And where else has this video been posted, I've never seen it before.

I doubt your theory is true. If you unlock the iPod and use the scroll wheel on a video the volume shows up on the screen.

BENj

it's fake - CONFIRMED

yer' cross-posting about this -clearly- fake iPod video.

remember - the acid test for whether or not a pre-release, süper secret video/photo of "x" Apple product is real....is whether or not Apple Legal contacts the site hosting said image/video.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    imagine the battery life if it ran OS X. AWFULL!!!!!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    fooeyfooey Posts: 52member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacsRbetterthanPC

imagine the battery life if it ran OS X. AWFULL!!!!!

thats what i said about my macbook pro
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Ahhahaaaha you got me-- yeh this is a little App I made for my iPod to make it appear like it's running OSX- it's a little joke I played on my mates telling em I could get internet access over wireless- It is fully scrollable and usable but very limited as scrolling is the only thing you can do! If you want to know how to do it (and don't think I'm an arsehole for spreading silly impractical rumours) I'll post tomorrow! I just like smart arses telling me this is an old clip when I only made it today!

Please forgive me- I have gullible friends who I showed it to and they were in awe! I should have known better than to try and do seasoned pros over!

Sorry :P

BENj
  • Reply 13 of 15
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Wow. So funny.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Wow. So funny.

Do i detect sarcasm? :P Intonation doesn't work with the written language but I forgive you if it was
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Oh, look, here's the same thread in one than more forum.

I'm closing both of them.