What's next for iPod?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've heard lots of rumors and theories about the next iPod. Some people say it will have a camera, blue-tooth, wireless safari, full touch screen and front row built in.

I think it might look something like this

Alot of rumors are flying around and I just wanted to see what some of you thought about it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mordakmordak Posts: 168member
    It's likely... but what's first? iphone? or the 'real' video ipod? why not both, in the same thing? hmm?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I think it's pretty much anyone's guess at this point.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Built in bittorent client with optional emule ad-on.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skatman

Built in bittorent client with optional emule ad-on.

And a built in SuperDrive.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    well, if apple included a 4MP camera with flash on every ipod video that would be killer. i have the "firm belief" that ipod's touch wheel would be a good way to operate a digital camera and the massive hard drive makes it very convenient.

i think ipod + camera could be elegant, while ipod + phone could be messy. mainly because of the interface issue.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

well, if apple included a 4MP camera with flash on every ipod video that would be killer. i have the "firm belief" that ipod's touch wheel would be a good way to operate a digital camera and the massive hard drive makes it very convenient.

i think ipod + camera could be elegant, while ipod + phone could be messy. mainly because of the interface issue.

While apple + iPhone could be sexy, think diff.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

I agree. I heard that Apple is gonna put tons of tiny camers into the screen so you can do video confrencing etc...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Here's the big feature: cheaper 4, 8, and 16GB NAND variants. NAND memory is getting really cheap, even in small quantities. I wouldn't be surprised if the 4G takes place of the 1G, the 8 the 2, and so on, without prices changing.

The 16GB Nano will bury the Zune without being anything other than 1000 times more stylish.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

While apple + iPhone could be sexy, think diff.

it's not a matter of being sexy. it is technically feasible to merge two devices (Treos, for example).

the real problem is designing a user interface that satifies the two devices without creating any shortcomings for either the mp3 player and the phone.

don't get me wrong. i like treos fine, my dad has one and i think it is a cool device.

but with treos, you have a bulky, fat phone, thus compromising the phone, and you have a "graffiti area"-less palm, thus compromising the pda. i think both devices suffered inconveniences from the merging.

i just hope that if apple ever does make an ipod + phone we don't see any of the two devices suffer shortcomings that make it harder to interface with them.