Studio Display won't sleep.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After I put a CompUSA USB 2 card in my computer, the Studio display would not go to sleep.

I bought another one, this time an Adeptec. It stated in the instructions that it would stop the display from going to sleep. I installed it anyway, thinking if Adeptec didn't have a fix, who would? Now, I have to unplug my Belkin (four port) from the USB 2 card in order to allow the display to go to sleep.

Suggestions for a work around, anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    You mean the Studio Display powering off its backlights after a certain amount of time, or sleeping the whole computer by pressing the Studio Display power button?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    No, with the new Adeptec USB 2 card installed, the display and computer won't power down when I go to the Apple menu and click 'sleep'. Actually, it does, but it powers back up immediately.

This happens when I have a peripheral or an external hard drive connected to the USB 2 card.

When I disconnect everything from that card, the display and the computer do power down in sleep mode.

As I said, the Adeptec instructions state that with the USB 2 card installed, sleep mode is precluded. Since a factory USB 2 card does not preclude 'sleep mode', I thought there must be a work around without having to uncouple peripherals from the Adeptec card.

I thought of contacting Adeptec, but figured they'd say, "Duh, we told you the computer would not 'sleep' with our card in it."

BTW, the card doesn't interfere with completely shutting down the display and computer using the on/off switch on the display.