What has been you favourite Mac to date?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Please note that in order to nominate a Mac you have to have actually owned the machine in question!

I don't want 500 replies of '3GHz Mac Pro with 16GB of RAM'.

For me, it would have to be my white MacBook. Now that's a Mac!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    My beloved Titanium PowerBook G4 400 MHz. It's a beauty and became a trusty companion. Now I've replaced it with a MacBook Pro and plan to sell it. It'll break my heart to give it away...

(Fixed: G3 -> G4)
  • Reply 2 of 15
    was: PowerBook 12" (G4, 867 MHz)

now: MacBook 2.0 black, 2GB RAM
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton

The TiBook was a G4, Not a G3!!!!!! I had a 400MHz one too, and I think my MacBook blows it out of the water in terms of usefulness, durability, and longevity of technology.

Ooops, typo. Of course it was a G4. The MBP is a gazillion times faster, but the TiBook is just beautiful.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    It's a real toss-up between my current 20" intel iMac, and my parents SE/30 when I was a kid.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'd have to say that my 400Mhz Pismo (G3 Powerbook) was awesome at the time. It was speedy, stylish, versatile, and portable! That laptop made my college life so much easier.

My parents own a G4 iMac and I still think it's the most stylish computer I've ever seen.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    20" 1.25GHz iMac G4.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    1GHz PBG4 Titanium. It was definitely the best computer per dollar, relative to the its time. I did some remarkable work on that PB.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    A tie between the Blue and White G3 and the Mac Pro.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by durin oakenskin

My beloved Titanium PowerBook G4 400 MHz. It's a beauty and became a trusty companion. Now I've replaced it with a MacBook Pro and plan to sell it. It'll break my heart to give it away...

Yikes.

That design was problematic to say the least: scratch-prone, bubbling paint; exposed weak hinges.

The MacBook Pro is a vast improvement after 4 years on a TiBook.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by durin oakenskin

Amen brother. I still have that badboy up and running...

BTW, how much are you trying to sell yours for? I'm doing the same.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

Yikes.

That design was problematic to say the least: scratch-prone, bubbling paint; exposed weak hinges.

Really? Never had any of those problems. Other than the 2nd degree burn marks on my legs...
  • Reply 11 of 15
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    It has to be my original iBook G3 500MHz. My first mac, it was slow but solid as a rock. That thing and I were thru so much- 3/4 of my college career until the logic board's display connector died and then later replaced by apple for free.

Just got a macbook, and I've had a lot of problems with it so far. Lately it's been working great, but still hard to trust something that had to be sent in for repairs and doesn't reboot unless you reset the PRAM on start up. I only sleep it and it's rock solid.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    mac plus--i became a true apple/ mac believer baptized in the water of mac gui-ism....that's how i knew i was alive...i questioned the powers to be and threw that hammer at the darkside, and committed to think different as a lifestyle....l never looked back. paid off very well....i had to buy my first pc 4 years ago. till then i hoped for the universal mac now i look forward to be "born again" with the macbook pro late this year....can finally turn away from the sin of "pc". then i will be truly clean and refreshed. ommmmmraaaaaommmmmraaaaashshshshsh
  • Reply 13 of 15
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Got to agree with the TiBook It's a true icon and still as thin as the current MBP 15"

I'm still loving my 1GHz TiBook w/Superdrive. The drive's dead but the battey's still good for 2/3 hours use after 4 years!

People used to laugh at my plastic iMacs and toilet-seat iBook. No-one laughs at a 4 year old 1 inch thin supercomputer!

It's still got plenty of life and the PC Slot means I can still upgrade it! I timed iPhoto and iTunes opening on a MacBook in a store the other day. If my Ti takes longer it's onlyu because the libraries are 10 times the size.

and iMac G4 20" - well it's still my work horse/media centre; easy to upgrade it's now got a 320Gb drive and TV tuner etc etc and it's the centre piece of the sitting room.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah

Please note that in order to nominate a Mac you have to have actually owned the machine in question!

I don't want 500 replies of '3GHz Mac Pro with 16GB of RAM'.

For me, it would have to be my white MacBook. Now that's a Mac!

I owned 3 macs in my life, the first one was a 96 model (can't recall the exact model \ but it was a crt screen including all hardware) then in 2005 I bought an iMac G5 2.1 with build in iSight and in march 2006 a MacBook Pro 2.0, for the moment I use both of them but the one I am most impressed of is the MacBook Pro, it's just so fast and never has a problem to deal with lots of applications. So even if I'm very pleased with my iMac, my hearts beats just a bit faster for my MBP.