MySpace is going after iTunes... good luck!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    To be fair it's basically 3 million Indie bands with most lacking even an album.

It's not actually attacking iTunes (because the major record labels aren't joining myspace) but it is nice for the rest of us. Cheap and hard to find indie music with no DRM. For me, awesome.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I can recommend http://www.icompositions.com for free interesting music. Most of their top artists don't try to sound radio friendly, they're more experimental. I like it...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    wow very cool. not gonna kill itunes but it will no doubt make news corp some money. i really see myspace as THE place to go in the future. offering videos, music, friends, and most other things young people go online for.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Um, MySpace and SnoCap are selling songs in MP3 format so they'd work on iPods and every other music player. While this could make a dent in iTunes sales, its not really going to impact Apple as it can still drive iPod sales which is what Apple is really after.

Apple should make a deal where MySpace gives out coupons for discounts on iPods.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xool

Um, MySpace and SnoCap are selling songs in MP3 format so they'd work on iPods and every other music player. While this could make a dent in iTunes sales, its not really going to impact Apple as it can still drive iPod sales which is what Apple is really after.

Apple should make a deal where MySpace gives out coupons for discounts on iPods.

haha yea theyd never do that
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Well... they need a better way to catalogue the music because at the moment its not a very good place to search for indie bands imho. Last.fm has a much better system that uses user tagging to identify genres and such. If MySpace implemented such a system, it might stand a chance

Jan