Apple's return policy??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A colleague of mine is due to recieve his Macbook Pro sometime over the next week.

If the rumours are to believe he will be understandably slightly annoyed if they change the processors a couple of days later to Core 2 Duo's.

I have a vague memory of someone on the forum here saying something about Apple having a policy where they will swap the older model for a newer one if the product upgrade was within a week of purchase??!

Can someone shed any light on this for me?

Or am I off my rocker?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think you're right. Sometimes they won't even ship your order if you purchase it within a week of the announcement and then ship you the new deal. Somebody else back all this up?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I am in the same boat. I ordered my imac over a week ago and they delayed it untll the 13th, the day after the announcements. I have been told by people on here that they are hanging on to my imac until the announcement and they will send me out a new one with the meron chip in it. I was also told if it got sent before that Apple would replace it with the new model if the announcement was made soon enough after the shipping. What soon enough is, a week, 5 days, 2 weeks? I have no idea.