What is your desktop?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What is your desktop?

For the longest time i stuck with the Tiger Aqua, but just recently I decided to switch to the tiger stripes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 68
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Where is the old 'post your desktop' thread?

• Reply 2 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by progmac

Where is the old 'post your desktop' thread?

Wow, that's awesome!
  • Reply 3 of 68
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I've been toying around with my new Canon PowerShot SD630:

Yeah-- it's a sweet little camera!
  • Reply 4 of 68
    greglogreglo Posts: 63member
    Hey you got some neat-o pics there!
  • Reply 5 of 68
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Found this map on the internet somewhere. I used to live in the Caribbean so it brings nice memories to see this on my desktop

I took this picture of Chicago myself

Another interesting couple of internet finds

• Reply 6 of 68
    Fall. Macro mode!

• Reply 7 of 68
    Here's mine. That's the lunch they serve at our school.

[IMG][/IMG]
  • Reply 8 of 68
    Those mandarin oranges look tasty.

As of now, I have the default Aqua background. That might change eventually.
  • Reply 9 of 68
    Can we keep it down to 640 x 480 or something around there? For practical purposes, my MacBook Pro's screen can't even see the full height of that lunch desktop pic without scrolling. (In safari with tabs and the dock on the bottom). Upload your images to imageshack.us if you don't want to export/resize the pic in iPhoto. Imageshack has an automated resizing option you can click.
  • Reply 10 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by turnwrite

You are aware, that your desktop screen shot shows illegal activity? 1) Something you PROBABLY don't want to be advertising, and 2) Something that is not allowed at these forums :-)
  • Reply 11 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by turnwrite

Where the hell do you go to school? Folsom prison? Lifers and death row inmates eat better than that...
  • Reply 12 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Where the hell do you go to school? Folsom prison? Lifers and death row inmates eat better than that...

He must be in Gitmo.
  • Reply 13 of 68
    You guys must be married or have a mom around or something. That looks better than what I eat for dinner half the time.
  • Reply 14 of 68
    Yeah the oranges look good but I mean what the hell is that other stuff.....

I mostly play with it instead of eating it. You'd be surprised how high of a tower you can build out of food.

The janitor hates me though....
  • Reply 15 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

You guys must be married or have a mom around or something. That looks better than what I eat for dinner half the time.

So your in college?
  • Reply 16 of 68
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
  • Reply 17 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

So you're in college?

Nope. The food I ate in college was tremendous, particularly during the later two years. After college (two years ago) I got on board with a high tech startup and have been fending for myself since then. I can cook adequately, but in january 06 I bought and moved into a condo that required some fixing. I don't have a kitchen yet, as I've been working on the other areas first.
  • Reply 18 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

Well, Spline, my only advice to you is get a mexican chick, like me. You'll never have to worry about eating shit food ever again...

P.S. Don't marry them though, they expect too much...
  • Reply 19 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Well, Spline, my only advice to you is get a mexican chick, like me. You'll never have to worry about eating shit food ever again...

P.S. Don't marry them though, they expect too much...

Thanks for the tip, but beans and cheese are things I try to avoid. To tell you the truth, I actually like German food the most, but ze Germans have been a professionalized nation for long enough that there's no reason to assume that any given fraulein has the culinary knack.
  • Reply 20 of 68
    The desktop thread used to be very active, with one person in particular posting new desktops every four or five days. However, the power-that-be decided that some of the desktops and those you could access on his website would offend forum members and came down hard on what you could show here. The thread then essentially died.

Going off-topic here, I've never bothered to get around to choosing a photo hosting site. To me, .Mac doesn't justify the $99.00, plus in the past I had a bad experience with a free 30 day account that came with a new computer-- it highjacked my internet connection, which caused major problems with my email.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a free or reasonably priced photo hosting site that is reliable? I would want it mainly to post pictures on this site, a few camera forums, plus share family photos with my relatives.