VESA Wall Mounting iMac 23"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The most exciting part about the new iMac 23 is the supposed VESA wall mounting capability - this sealed the deal for me!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmhtkmhtkmht

The most exciting part about the new iMac 23 is the supposed VESA wall mounting capability - this sealed the deal for me!

Chillax for a moment, it's not out yet.
  • Reply 2 of 29
    How do you have ports on the back with that?
  • Reply 3 of 29
    Apples doing it - I am sure they have it figured out - probably right at the bottom where the RAM slot is? I dunno till the 12th.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Unless you put whole in the wall to plug other stuff in or dangle cords down your wall you gonna want to use airport card for internet and use a bt mouse and keyboard.

But other than that stuff maybe there is nothing else you wanna plug in?
  • Reply 5 of 29
    I would definitely buy a 23" iMac as you have described it. That would be unbelievable.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking

Unless you put whole in the wall to plug other stuff in or dangle cords down your wall you gonna want to use airport card for internet and use a bt mouse and keyboard.

But other than that stuff maybe there is nothing else you wanna plug in?

Power cord?
  • Reply 7 of 29
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lust

Power cord?

Good point! I forgot the obvious!
  • Reply 8 of 29
    Maybe it is wireless USB built in??? They could also sell adapters that make your existing USB devices Wireless USB ready.

Just a Thought

Macaddict16
  • Reply 9 of 29
    lustlust Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macaddict16

Maybe it is wireless USB built in??? They could also sell adapters that make your existing USB devices Wireless USB ready.

Just a Thought

Macaddict16

I can't wait for the day when we're done with ports and just use wireless for everything. It will make for interesting looking laptops :-P
  • Reply 10 of 29
    If this is true, and the iTMS selling movies and all, I think the only thing the 23" iMac needs is a TV tuner. Then it'd be the all in one wireless (sans power cord) "where's the computer" replacement for your living/bed room. Watch tv, switch to OSX and pull out the wireless Mighty Mouse/keyboard for some work, turn Front Row back on to watch a movie.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    Since the Rev. A and Rev. B iMac G5s were VESA mountable, it's definitely possible somehow.

I just hope this news means that the iMac will return to the case design that those models had, where you could replace the hard drive without performing major surgery on the machine.
  • Reply 12 of 29
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    VESA != "wall mounting"...

Think adjustable VESA arms, or pole mounts. (I'm not saying anything about the likelihood of the return of VESA capability though).

Besides, the iMac's back isn't flush anyway. It curves from a thick center out to tapered edges.

Easily enough room for cords to poke out if you add the depth of a VESA mount plate.
  • Reply 13 of 29
    Confirmed: the new 23 inch iMac will use Steve's patented top secret anti-gravity technology.
  • Reply 14 of 29
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sezme

Confirmed: the new 23 inch iMac will use Steve's patented top secret anti-gravity technology.

But Wait There's More

NOW - with self regenerating, non combustible rdf.
  • Reply 15 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RobM

But Wait There's More

NOW - with self regenerating, non combustible rdf.

Do not taunt the RDF...
  • Reply 16 of 29
    Heh - I don't think he'll need much of it to get these to sell -

but the phone hmmm - different ticket to punch there. May need a bucket or two ...
  • Reply 17 of 29
    Quote:

Heh - I don't think he'll need much of it to get these to sell -

but the phone hmmm - different ticket to punch there. May need a bucket or two ...

Apply RDF paste liberally to surface of iPhone...
  • Reply 18 of 29
    I thought the current iMacs could already be retrofitted with VESA mounts. Or, is that just the Cinema Displays?

EDIT: Oh, the iMac VESA kit is only for the original flat-back iMac G5. I guess a VESA capable 23" iMac is new!
  • Reply 19 of 29
    Lights dim - Phil shooshes the crowd.

Pin drop silence - a phone rings.

Projector display fires up.

It's da Woz (sitting alone in a bookshop), in front of a new 23".

"Sorry, man. I had no right to assume you'd endorse my book."

Steve, "That's ok Woz - hey how you keeping .... how's the book going ? "

Old friends, new beginnings, from Apple computer.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    Quote:

Lights dim - Phil shooshes the crowd.

Pin drop silence - a phone rings.

Projector display fires up.

It's da Woz (sitting alone in a bookshop), in front of a new 23".

"Sorry, man. I had no right to assume you'd endorse my book."

Steve, "That's ok Woz - hey how you keeping .... how's the book going ? "

Old friends, new beginnings, from Apple computer.

Then Woz pulls out a meat cleaver, and in true Yakuza fashion, chops off Steve Jobs' little finger...