Advice: Wireless or Wired Mighty Mouse/Keyboard?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm looking to buy the new iMac next week as soon as its announced and am trying to decide between the wired Mighty Mouse/Keyboard combo or the wireless one (given that it once again is available as a BTO on the iMac). I know the wireless MM is a laser mouse rather then optical and a wireless set up would mean less desk clutter, but is there any other benifit over the wired set up to justify the upgrade?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    erm who says the 23" iMac is coming out next week?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdcfsu

I'm looking to buy the new iMac next week

You should never take rumors as fact, let alone base buying decisions on them.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChrisDaMacMan

erm who says the 23" iMac is coming out next week?

http://thinksecret.com/news/0609sept12event.html

Think secret's the most reliable Rumor site out there IMO.

Personally, I think you'd have to be crazy to buy an iMac before the 12th (though Apple will probably delay your order at this point, giving you time to cancel).

As for wireless mice and keyboards.. I wouldn't go with Apple. Logitech makes way better stuff, and it's cheaper!

The only difference is you have to hold down F12 instead of hitting the eject button (is that really worth the $$$?).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slughead

As for wireless mice and keyboards.. I wouldn't go with Apple. Logitech makes way better stuff, and it's cheaper!

The only difference is you have to hold down F12 instead of hitting the eject button (is that really worth the $$$?).

So just go with the base model wired stuff and third-party it huh?

As for basing my buying decision on rumors, I have been waiting to buy the highest end iMac all summer on the anticipation that they will recieve Core 2 Duo chips at some point. Now that it actually looks like it's going to happen I wanted some information on the keyboard options. Slaughead told me what I needed to know rather then some off hand remark. Thank you.