News flash: Apple confirms media event

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 229
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

I sometime do forget about PAL.SECAM, which is rarely seen here, has so many other problems, I'd rather it die. We used to do conversions.

hmm, funnily enough, we say the same thing about NTSC. thank goodness we're PAL down here.
  • Reply 222 of 229
    Quote:

A lot of adult entertainment performers have caught religion over the years. The first that I know of was Betty Page, though she never did hard core.

Funny, that. They all seem to get religion after they make a mint, and then have to worry about re-integrating with "polite" society.
  • Reply 223 of 229
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen

hmm, funnily enough, we say the same thing about NTSC. thank goodness we're PAL down here.

I prefer PAL, except for the slower scan rate, which can make it flicker if you have lights on.
  • Reply 224 of 229
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

Funny, that. They all seem to get religion after they make a mint, and then have to worry about re-integrating with "polite" society.

Most of them don't make much money, even the "stars". I very few do. But, it's usually the women. Guys rarely make much at all.
  • Reply 225 of 229
    Quote:

Most of them don't make much money, even the "stars". I very few do. But, it's usually the women. Guys rarely make much at all.

True enough. But they always really just wanted to direct.
  • Reply 226 of 229
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

True enough. But they always really just wanted to direct.

Yes.
  • Reply 227 of 229
    Quote:

Except that standard rez Tv's can't display that. It's a conundrum.

Nope. That's where the genius of iTunesMovies and AirMovies comes in. 854x480 24p 30p H.264 is no problem on iPods and Macs. Okay.

Now, for AirMovies, the connectors need to be: Composite, S-Video, Component, DVI, HDMI. This would allow it to connect to virtually ANY tv set, SDTV, EDTV, HD LCDs/ Plasmas. AirMovies should "conform" the signal for each output. Then each display set will handle the input signal and display it the way it likes. Standard def TVs will just take a Composite or S-Video in, just like the adapter you can use for displaying your Mac output on a TV. This Apple accessory "conforms" the signal by downsampling the output, overscanning if needed, etc. etc.

I'm banking on 854x480 24p or 30p because that's a nice intermediary for all the above methods of connections and output display sets. As long as AirMovies "conforms" the signals correctly for each type of output connection, no problem.
  • Reply 228 of 229
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Nope. That's where the genius of iTunesMovies and AirMovies comes in. 854x480 24p 30p H.264 is no problem on iPods and Macs. Okay.

Now, for AirMovies, the connectors need to be: Composite, S-Video, Component, DVI, HDMI. This would allow it to connect to virtually ANY tv set, SDTV, EDTV, HD LCDs/ Plasmas. AirMovies should "conform" the signal for each output. Then each display set will handle the input signal and display it the way it likes. Standard def TVs will just take a Composite or S-Video in, just like the adapter you can use for displaying your Mac output on a TV. This Apple accessory "conforms" the signal by downsampling the output, overscanning if needed, etc. etc.

I'm banking on 854x480 24p or 30p because that's a nice intermediary for all the above methods of connections and output display sets. As long as AirMovies "conforms" the signals correctly for each type of output connection, no problem.

I have no problem with what you would want iTunes, or AirMovies to do.

But, we're talking about NTSC physical standards, which MAY not allow some of it.