The Merom Poll

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
1 vote for every 10 people that look at this thread? LAME!!

Have some fun and guess; no one is gonna keep score!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    I think the movie store and new iPods will be enough for the 12th. The Merom MBPs will probably be a "quiet" upgrade like the iMacs.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    All I can say is it better be the 12th for macbook and macbook pros because I can't wait anymore!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    I am expecting MBP to update same time the XServe is available - October. Maybe a special event focused on Server side with new a new Storage product or two plus update to XRAID.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    the CPUs are available and they are EVEN Available to iMac ... my opinion it shd be available in MacBook Pro first then iMac ...

12th is perfect ... and shipping TODAY! banner in it.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    I voted for November... the MBP was recently updated and Apple have had major troubles with the line (well, the PB battery recall that influence public opinion). I also think they want to try the Meroms out in the new iMac config first.

Then again, I could be - and hopefully am - wrong. Scorekeepers beware!
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Sooner rather than later.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    They haven't brought them out by now.. and by the looks of it there is no laptop announcement planned for the 12th of september. Also they have decided to use their limited merom supply to put into imacs.

So my guess is they will hold on for quite a bit longer
  • Reply 8 of 12
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wmf

I think the movie store and new iPods will be enough for the 12th. The Merom MBPs will probably be a "quiet" upgrade like the iMacs.

I agree. I think there's plenty already lined up for the 12th, and unlike the iMac which features a Core 2 Duo compatible socket, the MacBook Pros have the chips attached directly to the motherboard so I could see it taking a bit longer to ramp up.

Also, I notice that Apple is downplaying the HDness of the 24" imac. There were rumors of an HD PowerBook that never saw the light of day (unless its just the 17" model). Perhaps with the 12th's announcement all our video dreams will become clear.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akerman

They haven't brought them out by now.. and by the looks of it there is no laptop announcement planned for the 12th of september.

As far as all Mac media knew there was no September 6th Mac mini/iMac updates and 24" iMac introduction planned either.

So how do you know there won't be a September 12th MacBook Pro introduction along the line?

(I voted for October)
    Quote:

Also they have decided to use their limited merom supply to put into imacs.

So my guess is they will hold on for quite a bit longer

Who said they have a limited supply of Merom processors?

If they have enough for an iMac upgrade, they probably have enough quantities to introduce an MeromBook Pro also.

Otherwise they introduced the MeromBook Pro first because of the larger profitmargins of this product.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    I voted Sept. 12th based on gut-feeling and sheer will-power. Haha.

Unfortunately, brains were designed to think, not guts, and I don't really think the MBP will be updated on the 12th solely because there is already a Core Duo chip in there. But as soon as I vote for October, my gut will be right (for once) so I'll just stack the deck and hope I'm wrong.

Reverse psychology is confusing...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    I really hope it's the 12th. I've been putting off buying one for a while now, I really do need one, but I really want the 64 bit chip...I needed it a few weeks ago but I got a HP laptop from a family member, they thought it was broken so they gave it to me. I wiped out the HDD and reinstalled windows and it works . It's holding me over for now, but I really dont trust the thing...Come on Steve, stop f*ckin around and jus gimmi my laptop already...Enough is enough now lol
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar

(I voted for October)Who said they have a limited supply of Merom processors?

Common sense Intel can't make unlimited meroms... so even intel has a limited supply - which they must divide between all the hungry vendors, who in turn have to supply the market, which is really gobbling up merom right now in it's first week of launch.

I'm still hoping for a sep 12 merombook announcement, the odds just aren't in favour of it though