Moving between Tabs in Safari...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
...is there a key command to alt+tab between tabs in Safari? I can get away most of the time without using my trackpad... except for when I want to move bewteen tabs.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Yeah there is. I don't remember what it is, because it was something rediculously complicated compared to other short-cuts in my opinion. You can search in the the help menu for Safari for a list of all short-cuts. That's how I found it the first time.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    almalm Posts: 111member
    Apple + { and Apple + } Which actually is Appe+Shift+[ or ]

Funny, it's always easier to type paragraph or two than look into Safari's menu (which supposedly is one click away).
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Ok so it's not that complicated. I'm just lazy.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    You can also change this shortcut in system prefs to make it easier.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I didn't realize it was "ridiculously complicated" to go to the Window menu and look at "Select Next Tab" and "Select Previous Tab", both of which show their respective shortcuts next to them.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

I didn't realize it was "ridiculously complicated" to go to the Window menu and look at "Select Next Tab" and "Select Previous Tab", both of which show their respective shortcuts next to them.

Well it depends of the keyboard, with finnish keyboard, Apple - } is actually ridiculously hard, because it requires pressing Apple - alt shift 8 and I don't find it very convenient shortcut anymore
  • Reply 7 of 9
    not sure anymore wether I customized so, but this is what I always use.

apple-shift-leftarrow and apple-shift-rightarrow
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crookedspoon

not sure anymore wether I customized so, but this is what I always use.

apple-shift-leftarrow and apple-shift-rightarrow

Yep...and you haven't customized it...it's the default key-combo to move from tab to tab with the keyboard.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I love the Command-Shift-[ and ] keyboard shortcuts, but it bums me out when I switch to FireFox and those shortcuts have different effects.

One more reason for my love/hate relationship with The Fox.