OS X - over-saturated screen?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm not even sure what caused it, I'm working as normal and the screen goes bleached out as if the contrast was turned right up - tried all the controls on the front of the monitor, tried the monitor settings in System Preferences, tried a completely different monitor... no change at all.

Only if I start up in Classic the screen shows as normal; so at least it seems to be an OS X-specific problem.

Does anyone recognise this and has any idea what I shuld try now?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by artjaz

I'm not even sure what caused it, I'm working as normal and the screen goes bleached out as if the contrast was turned right up - tried all the controls on the front of the monitor, tried the monitor settings in System Preferences, tried a completely different monitor... no change at all.

Only if I start up in Classic the screen shows as normal; so at least it seems to be an OS X-specific problem.

Does anyone recognise this and has any idea what I shuld try now?

Thanks in advance

Did you calibrate the Color [sic] controls on the Displays pane?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Go to the Universal Access system preference and return the contrast slider back to normal. You probably triggered the Command key sequence. To disable this, go to Keyboard & Mouse-->Keyboard Shortcuts and find the Universal Access section. Here you can disable the shortcuts you don't want to accidentally trigger.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Endymion - thank you, that's my sanity saved... very grateful indeed - I can't believe I would have shelled out for a brand new monitor only this morning!

also mr totes I appreciate your suggestion, thanks for replying.