Need Help with iPod

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
The problem started when i pluged in my iPod (after like a week of no use) and it froze up my iTunes so i unplugged it with the "do not disconnect" thing on. Then i tried again and the same thing happened except this time when i unplugged it it had the folder icon on the screen. My computer will not recognize the ipod, it does not appear in the "my computer" folder, and it doesnt appear in itunes and if i open itunes or have it open when my ipod is plugged in it freezes up. i have tried almost everything on the apple support website. i have tried to restore the ipod with the latest ipod software but when the ipod software starts up, it freezes when i plug in my ipod just like itunes. i want to know if this is a problem with my ipod, or a problem wiht my computer and how i could possibly fix it. i need help!!! (if you didnt notice im using a pc wiht windows)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    What kind of iPod is it? My 3 week old shuffle did the same thing. I took it back to the Apple Store and they replaced it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent

What kind of iPod is it? My 3 week old shuffle did the same thing. I took it back to the Apple Store and they replaced it.

its a 3rd gen i think. iPod with click wheel, no color display
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede

Take it to the Apple store, they will most likely help you out.

Ive heard of batterys failing and your iPod starts frekaing out.

Go to the genius bar, they can help.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by playcrackthesky

Take it to the Apple store, they will most likely help you out.

Ive heard of batterys failing and your iPod starts frekaing out.

Go to the genius bar, they can help.

what do you mean the genius bar, haha sorry ive never had trouble with apple stuff before
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

4th gen. The 3rd gen had the three buttons.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

what do you mean the genius bar, haha sorry ive never had trouble with apple stuff before

The Genius Bar is just a place in the store where you can talk to a "technician" to get help for problems or issues with your product (among other things).